About the role
Our work matters to millions. Itll matter to you too.
Join our HR Shared Services team as a Payroll Team Member and you'll be a big part of fascinating, complex, varied and meaningful work.
This role is based in Newcastle and can be on a hybrid basis, 3 days office/2 days home working.
What you'll be doing
You will join our established payroll team, being a key player in all things payroll, including:
- Processing our weekly and monthly payroll including BACS and RTI
- Validating all payroll output, including data input by employees, the business, and the wider HR Shared Services Team
- Manual calculations from gross to net pay, including NI and PAYE
- Dealing with employee salary and payroll queries
- Interfaces from third party suppliers as well as our internal time and attendance systems
- Being responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating payroll processes
- Payroll reporting
Who we're looking for
Our new team member will, ideally, have worked with a weekly payroll and have an awareness of Working Rules Agreements. They will also be used to high volume workloads and will be able to work towards our KPIs of timeliness and quality.
They will have extensive experience in the end-to-end payroll running process and will be proficient in the use of Payroll Software. They will also be competent in producing manual calculations as well as the use of excel.
A good attention to detail is critical in this role and our successful candidate will take full responsibility for the quality of their own work as well as supporting colleagues in maintaining our high standards.
Strong verbal and written communicative skills are hugely valued in HR Shared Services; our customers are at the centre of everything we do; we need to ensure that we are able to communicate effectively with them.
Why work for us
What you'll get in return for your hard work & commitment:
You'll be part of a great team. We have fun, work hard and offer great careers.
HR Shared Services is the critical team that enables all we do for our people. The success of this team is fundamental to our people and our business. We enable the business to deliver amazing infrastructure project through providing great administrative support to employees throughout their entire career journey with us.
Our specialist teams look after the HR and payroll of our 12,000 UK based employees, across a range of roles in Construction, Utilities, and Rail.
Alongside the amazing opportunity, support and pride that you'll gain from developing your career with one of the worlds foremost infrastructure giants, you'll also enjoy a range of benefits:
- Company DC pension scheme up to 5% EEs & 7% ERs;
- Opportunity to join into the companys attractive SIP scheme;
- Wellbeing hour each week to use for non-work-related activities conducive to your wellbeing;
- Flexible benefits window Options to purchase additional holidays, bikes, tech vouchers, dental cover, Private Medical Insurance;
- Enhanced company Maternity/Paternity/Shared parental/Adoption schemes;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time arrangements);
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications (Company sponsored CIPD / CIPP)
- Employee assistance programme
- Up to 2 days volunteering per year
- Company funded social events.
In joining our team you are joining a strong HR function, where you can join us as the first step on a great career in HR, or simply join us be the best you can be in your role we will support you either way.