Financial Restructuring Group
Houlihan Lokey, Inc. (NYSE:HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, and financial and valuation advisory. Houlihan Lokey serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of the firm's commitment to client success across its advisory services. The firm is the No. 1 investment bank for global M&A transactions under $1 billion, the No. 1 M&A advisor for the past eight consecutive years in the U.S., the No. 1 global restructuring advisor for the past nine consecutive years, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 25 years, all based on number of transactions and according to data provided by Refinitiv.
Houlihan Lokey has the largest, most experienced worldwide financial restructuring practice of any investment banking firm, with more than 250 professionals located in offices across the globe. In 2020, we worked on more than 175 restructuring-related transactions on behalf of companies, their creditors and shareholders, and other constituents. Houlihan Lokey has advised on more than 1,400 restructuring transactions, with aggregate debt claims in excess of $3.0 trillion.
Our group employs an interdisciplinary approach to engagements and is accustomed to evaluating complex, highly leveraged situations in short time frames. We are also a recognized leader in achieving merger and acquisition transactions for distressed companies.
The Financial Restructuring Group is expanding and we are looking for an experienced Associate to be based in our London office. Associates in Financial Restructuring work on a variety of transactions within the group, including debtor- and creditor-side restructurings and distressed mergers and acquisitions.
The group offers a unique opportunity for associates to work on projects that provide exposure to a wide variety of financial advisory and investment banking products and industries. These services include:
- Advising companies and stakeholders in out-of-court restructuring transactions
- Provide advisory services in stressed and distressed situations
- Participating in complex negotiations on behalf of our clients
- Providing distressed M&A advisory
- Advisory in relation to debt and equity raising in the context of stressed and distressed situations
- The environment at Houlihan Lokey is results-driven and entrepreneurial and, as such, rewards top performers with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals and clients.
Associates are typically members of deal teams comprising at least one managing director, vice president, associate, and financial analyst. You will:
- Prepare, analyze and help explain historical and projected financial information
- Create financial models
- Coordinate and perform business due diligence
- Prepare confidential information memoranda, management presentations, marketing pitches and other presentations
- Prepare preliminary valuation analysis, supporting discussions and negotiations with various stakeholders involved in the process
- Lead the planning and execution of marketing engagements
- Build relationships and maintain direct contact with clients and prospective clients and professional advisors
- Supervise junior staff members
- Assist in the marketing and planning of engagements
- Degree qualified
- A demonstrated genuine interest in Financial Restructuring and/or in working on complex and large financial transactions
- At least 4 years prior investment banking experience (restructuring or a leverage finance team) within a top tier investment bank or boutique
- Have an understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills
- Strong LBO and DCF modelling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- An exceptional strong work ethic
- motivated and have the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.