In good company.
We're a global specialty insurance and reinsurance company enhanced by data and technology, focused on producing sustainable underwriting profitability and delivering significant shareholder value.
Headquartered in Bermuda, we operate on a global basis, with over 500 employees and key underwriting operations in London, Bermuda, the US and Dublin.
We work collaboratively, we share a passion for the service and results we deliver, and we know that what we do each day is meaningful - to our customers and our business.
We're looking for a
Reporting into the Reserving Managers, this London-based role will contribute and add value to the Actuarial team and to Hamilton groupwide through involvement in business-as-usual reserving analysis as well as specific project-based work.
Hamilton Global Specialty is our multi-platform, specialty insurer operating primarily through a Lloyd's Syndicate and Dublin operating company with a managing general agency in the US.
What you will do
- Act in accordance with all applicable supervisory bodies, principles, rules and regulations
- Assist in producing appropriate actuarial reserving estimates of appropriate levels of IBNR, and analysis in the uncertainty around the central estimate. This includes the interpretation and communication of suitable recommendations from the analysis
- Assist in maintaining and upgrading of the existing actuarial and statistical models, and the research, development and implementation of new actuarial and statistical models
- Development and embedment of in-house reserving process on YOA, GAAP and Solvency II bases
- Assist in reserving results reporting to Group level
- Development and communication of associated management information
- Maintain data and records
- Assist in the production of the analysis to support ad-hoc projects. This includes the interpretation and communication of suitable recommendations from the analysis
- Analysis of claims trends to predict the likely outcomes
- Help manage relationships and communication flows with external auditors and actuaries
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence
- You must be open and cooperative with the CBI, FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
- You must act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers
What you require for the role
- Experience working within the general insurance market is preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint. MS Access would be a plus
- Ability to productively leverage data and technology
- Open, innovative and inclusive mindset
- Collaborative spirit
- Results-oriented and growth mindset
What you can expect from us
We offer a vibrant, entrepreneurial, and collaborative culture guided by our values: Be Smart, Be Sensible, Be Open and Be More.
We know if we welcome and respect differences, we'll attract and retain talent that brings a valuable diversity of perspectives and experience. We want all our colleagues to feel that they can bring their whole selves to work at Hamilton and know that they can be part of building a great company.