We are currently recruiting for Deputy Operations Manager (Flight & Ground Operations) to be based at our Bournemouth Airport site.
- Deputise fully for the Operations Manager and Nominated Person for Ground Operations.
- Provide Operational Leadership of the Operations Control Team through Operations Control Supervisors at Operational Bases in Standards, Training and Procedures.
- Conduct Contract and Customer Relationship Management of Operational Contracts.
- Support bid activities as the Subject Matter Expert for Ground Operations.
- Provide maintenance and reporting of internal KPI's to the Operations Manager and Leadership Team for Business purposes.
- Build strong working relationships and effectively communicate with internal stakeholders on a peer to peer basis.
Experience / skills / qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years experience within an aviaition environment.
- Experience of Military fast-jet operations (highly desirable).
- An approachable manager, with a 'can do' attitude who leads by example.
- Strong academic achievement, typically higher education standard (A-Level) or equivalent (desirable).
- Knowledge of civilian and military aviation rules and regulations (essential).
- SC clearance (essential).
- Knowledge of flight planning software, crew planning and rostering systems (desirable).
- Exposure to both military and commercial aviation sectors (desirable).
- Experience of managing and controlling mulitple resources within a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Have a proven record of managing change
- Ability to work with complex data and information to analyse and inform decisions.
- Self-starting and motivated individual with a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Strong IT literacy and is a capable user of Microsoft Office Suite, with particular experience with MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint.
- Continually and pro-actively seeks new ways of working to improve overall business performance.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- High level of energy and self motivation, often working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Needs to be articulate and have the ability to build credible trusting relationships.
Our employee values
Draken is committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination and we celebrate the differences that a diverse workforce brings. A range of perspective and talent supports our values and drives our success, with a mix of voices generating better discussions, business decisions and outcomes for all.
We are also an Armed Forces friendly organisation, and as part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, welcome applications from veterans and services spouses and partners who met the criteria in our job specifications.
In line with our Disability Confident Commitments, we provide reasonable adjustments to facilitate our interview process, please liaise with us if any reasonable adjustments are required.
Whether it is adversarial support, electronic attack or customised rotary-wing training, we offer the most accurate and advanced readiness training in the industry. Our vast, differentiated fleet, cutting edge hardware and experienced instructors are engaged to help your mission take off.