A GLOBAL LEADING ASSET MANAGER WITH A DIVERSE & INCLUSIVE CULTURE
As the Global Asset Management business of Prudential, we're always looking for ways to improve financial services. We're passionate about making a meaningful impact - touching the lives of millions and solving financial challenges in an ever-changing world.
We also believe talent is key to achieving our vision and are intentional about building a culture on respect and collaboration. When you join PGIM, you'll unlock a motivating and impactful career - all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world's leading global asset managers!
If you're not afraid to think differently and challenge the status quo, come and be a part of a dedicated team that's investing in your future by shaping tomorrow today.
At PGIM, You Can!
What you will do
This position is for a Senior Audit Manager who will report to the Audit Vice President responsible for coverage of PGIM, the global investment management business at Prudential. This position is responsible to work with the VP in charge to develop the audit strategy and coverage of PGIM.
What you can expect
The responsibilities in this role are broad in scope and include product specific, functional and general management responsibilities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading all aspects of the execution and delivery of the plan using Agile principles by proactively managing the projects' planning efforts and audit program, defining the audit objectives, project scope and reporting results.
- Prepare audit scope, program, and audit approach for each audit assignment, including use of data analytics.
- Ability and willingness to act both as a leader and as an individual contributor as part of a team.
- Providing frequent coaching and guidance to the audit teams while managing multiple audit projects under the agile audit methodology.
- Leveraging data analytics and test automation in support of dynamic risk assessment, audit design and test execution.
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships with Audit Department executives as well as key business and control (e.g., Compliance, Risk Management) partners in the businesses and related functions to facilitate the execution of the audit plan as well as the sharing of observations, information, and ideas.
- Monitoring risks, issues, and industry trends throughout the year with the goal of developing and communicating a view as to the design and effectiveness of the processes and controls.
- Remaining current with industry views on investment advisory, asset management, sales practices, and other regulatory compliance related topics.
- Assisting with developing a talent strategy for the audit team that is consistent with Company and Department goals and objectives, while utilizing shared resources and co-sourcing in a matrix working environment.
- Assist Audit Vice President with executive level presentations for board meetings and key governance committee meetings.
- Assist Audit Vice President with continuous monitoring meetings, aggregation of key issues for SLT members, and key stakeholder meetings within Prudential.
What you will bring
The successful candidate must have extensive knowledge of and experience in auditing internal controls for asset management, and must possess a high level of executive presence, energy, and leadership skills. Other qualifications include:
- The ideal candidate should have 9+ years of audit or other related experience within the financial services industry. Big 4 public accounting experience is preferred, but not required.
- A Bachelor's degree, or higher, is required, preferably an accounting or finance degree. An MBA, CPA, CIA or CISA is a plus, but not required.
*PGIM welcomes all applicants, even if you don't meet every requirement. If your skills align with the role, we encourage you to apply.
- Extensive experience with risk assessment, control analysis, audit procedures and standards, sampling techniques, data analytics, and the internal framework of control.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with more senior levels of management, control partners and independent auditors.
- Ability to confidently discuss audit issues with management and develop business-focused recommendations.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Experience leading teams with a proven record of developing people.
What we offer you
- Private Medical Insurance: PGIM offers private medical insurance and pays the full premium on behalf of all employees.
- Annual Leave of 25 to 28 days, based on years of service, at full pay.
- Retirement Savings Plan: Employees receive a company contribution of 10% basic annual salary and a maximum employer-matching contribution of 5% of basic annual salary.
- Life Assurance & Income Protection: Life Assurance for 12 times you basic annual salary, up to a max benefit of £1.8million. 60% of your basic annual salary for a limited payment terms of 5 years, at the end of which a capital sum of 2x your basic annual salary is payable.
To find out more about our Total Reward package, visit https://youtu.be/acuhcv46Nz0
About PGIM - Global Asset Management
PGIM is the global asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU), a leading global investment manager with nearly US $1.27 trillion in assets under management as of June 30th, 2023. With offices in 18 countries, PGIM's businesses offer a range of investment solutions for retail and institutional investors around the world across a broad range of asset classes, including public fixed income, private fixed income, fundamental equity, quantitative equity, real estate and alternatives.
With a history dating back 148 years, and experience through more than 30 market cycles, PGIM takes a long-term view, not only in our investment philosophy, but also in how we develop our talent. We want to see our employees excel from their first day with the firm and throughout their tenure with PGIM. We will inspire you, support you, and help you reach your greatest personal and professional aspirations. If PGIM sounds like the place for you, join us. For more information about PGIM, visit PGIM.com .
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Prudential Financial, Inc. is focused on creating a fully inclusive culture, where all employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. We don't just accept difference-we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it. At Prudential, employees have a unique opportunity to build their career path by owning their development, their career, and their future. We encourage employees to hone their skills and explore continued opportunities within Prudential.
-Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services, some of which may not be available in your area.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.