The Value of Active Minds About Jupiter
Jupiter is one of the UK's leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £51.4 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2023).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground's Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 3:2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Background
T he succ essful candidate will lead the Finance Business Partnering Team, supporting the Head of Finance, Chief Finan cial Officer, the Executive ( ExC o ) team and wider Senior Leadership through de livering c ompany analysis to facilitat e commercial decision making, as well as providing recurring management reporting and investor presentations.
As the Head of the Finance Business Partnering team you will lead a high performing team, playing a pivotal role supporting our Executives as well as the broader Finance team and Business.
Working directly with a range of stakeholders, you will produce and manage monthly results, short and long term budgets and forecasts, and strategic analysis of performance against budget (including producing ad hoc analysis, preparing business cases and post-implementation reviews).
This role will suit an experienced Finance Leader who is flexible, has commercial curiosity and enjoys" using strategic insight to support a range of stakeholders and deliver value and outcomes for the business. Key Responsibilities
The aim of the role is to become a trusted advisor on strategic and commercial matters to the ExCo and Senior leadership team and lead a team to deliver clear reporting of financial performance.
This will entail:
- Leadership of the Business Partnering function (4 FTE), developing a high performance team by providing thought leadership, guidance, professional development and talent management.
- Co-ordination and delivery of financial plans and forecasts
- Control of cost base, through understanding, analysis and challenge
- Responsibility for production of monthly information packs for ExCo , plc Board, and wider business stakeholders
- Deliver production business performance presentations for investors and analysts "
- Work alongside key stakeholders in making commercial decisions, applying a considered understanding of how to apply financial data in the context of the company's strategic and commercial objectives .
Desired Skills / Experience
- Producing ad hoc analysis, providing strategic insight and reporting
- Identifying and driving process improvement projects within Finance
- Act as subject matter expert for commercial performance and cost management within the Finance team
The role varies day to day. The key skills required to succeed in the role are:
Additional Role Details
- A strong commercial finance leader with demonstrated experience leading a diverse and talented team
- A motivated individual, who can work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships across the business at all levels
- Able to demonstrate a team approach and to work collaboratively across functions
- Problem solving skills, capable of maintaining accuracy and attention to detail whilst under pressure and meeting strict deadlines
- Business partnering and managing forecasts experience
- Strong business acumen and commercial interest in the business
- Stakeholder engagement and well-developed influencing skills
- Strong understanding of key business drivers and metrics
- Advanced Excel skills and systems experience
- A recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/CIMA) essential
- Management accounting and business partnering experience
- Financial services background
- Asset management experience (preferred not essential)
- This role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA.
Don't meet every requirement? At Jupiter we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you are interested in this role, but don't think your experience aligns perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we would encourage you to apply. You may be the right person for this role.