We are Alpha - an award-winning financial services firm listed on the London Stock Exchange. Recognised by the Financial Times as one of the fastest growing companies in Europe, we remain a team of just under 500 people and support clients across 50 countries from our nine international offices.
Alpha first launched its placement student scheme three years ago and due to its success and the incredible young talent the scheme has showcased, the number of placement opportunities across the business have increased year on year.
We know that we are only as good as the people who make up our team and as such, we are passionate about empowering individuals who want to launch their high-performance careers and be part of a team who are forging an exciting growth story. If this sounds like you, check out our placement opportunity below.
The Fund Finance Team was created in 2023 to allow Alpha's clients to access and understand the Global Fund Finance market. Our clients are Alternative Asset Funds active across Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure, Private Debt and Venture Capital. The principal activity of the business is to work with the Investment Managers, that operate the Alternative Asset Funds, to identify and secure terms for fund level lending from a pool of global lender counterparties. Once terms have been secured the Fund Finance Team will assist the clients with structuring the facilities and then negotiating and executing the facility agreements.
The aim of this year in industry placement is to give an insight into what it is to work in a front office team and gain insight to how the Fund Finance market operates from the perspective of an innovative and rapidly growing business.
- Initially the role will be project based and focus primarily on the development and population of two principal databases that form the core of the Fund Finance business:
- Lender Database
- Facility Terms Database
- Working alongside the respective Client and Lender coverage team to assist with screening fund finance placement opportunities and ascertain Lender appetite.
- Supporting the Structuring and Execution Team as required.
Skills & Experience Required
- Qualifications: A Levels and 1st or 2nd Year of an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- Interest in Finance / Banking market
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Pro-active approach with a mindset of looking for constant improvement in all aspects of their work.
- An ambitious person eager to continually develop their skillset who will embrace the ongoing change within a fast paced, entrepreneurial high growth business.
- The candidate should be able to manage their own workload and understand the importance of prioritisation.