Amazon is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join its Tax Department's Indirect Tax Calculation - Tax Engine Business team in London, UK. This team operates in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, striving to ensure Amazon's tax technology and processes are accurate and adaptable to a changing business landscape.
In this role, you will play a pivotal part in driving the development and success of our indirect tax invoicing products. You will be responsible for B2B/B2G Invoicing projects within the EMEA region. You will need to collaborate with tax, software and business teams throughout the entire project lifecycle -from design-to-delivery, manage VAT-related queries particularly on indirect tax risk mitigation and controls in invoicing processes, and ensuring the delivery of high-impact solutions that meet customer needs. You will also be/become a subject matter expert in tax technology and specific invoicing trends and challenges, leveraging this expertise to add value to our customers and differentiate our solutions in the marketplace.
Key job responsibilities
As a Senior Product Manager you will help develop and evolve our indirect tax technology, processes, services, features, and operations with a focus on Invoicing. You will be expected to respond to new or changing tax legislative/compliance and business needs, and drive the end-to-end project lifecycle required to adapt or enhance our indirect tax collection capabilities to meet those needs. You will partner closely with cross functional teams across nearly all of Amazon to gather business and tax requirements, convert those requirements into product specifications, collaborate with software and business teams, and continue to engage through the entire lifecycle of our projects - from design-to-delivery.
A day in the life
- Meeting with tax, business, and software teams to understand their objectives and identify the associated tax risk and appropriate controls required. Identifying the required technical, process and operational changes to support those objectives. Developing product functional and user experience requirements, feature specifications, and standard operating procedures.
- Actively participating in projects throughout their lifecycle to ensure that the requirements are met - to include making tax rules configurations, specifying and reviewing test cases, troubleshooting issues, and ensuring alignment across teams.
- Understanding your customers (consumers, sellers, taxing authorities, and Amazon internal teams) to ensure that our product development consistently meets the objectives and experience expectations of our customers. Developing long term product strategies and associated product roadmaps - seeking consensus to prioritize those strategies, documenting trade-offs, and removing obstacles as necessary.
- Providing general indirect tax calculation, invoicing and collection super subject matter expertise to internal and external stakeholders.
About the team
The Tax Engine Business Team's mission is to ensure Amazon possesses the appropriate technology and processes for precise tax calculation and collection in a constantly evolving business and tax landscape. Additionally, it aims to facilitate ongoing business growth and innovation by delivering exceptional services to millions of customers and sellers worldwide.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience as a product manager or owner
- Experience owning technology products
- Experience with product cycles of 6+ months
- Experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience in influencing senior leadership through data driven insights
- Experience working across functional teams and senior stakeholders
- Have you worked on tax specific product management ?
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).