: London: £57,318 - £66,691 / National: £53,661 - £62,57 Working Pattern
: This post is available on a full time, part time or job share basis, and flexible working hours can be accommodated. Location
: We will consider applications from people able to access the following offices: Birmingham, Bristol, Corsham, Leeds, Lichfield, Liverpool, London, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Portsmouth, Reading, Salisbury, Swindon
The Government Internal Audit Agency (GIAA) delivers internal audit and risk assurance services to 15 of the UK’s central government departments and over 130 of their related arm’s length bodies. This is an exciting time to join us! We are recruiting 5 roles across our new Audit Response Team and our embedded Customer Facing Team. About the Team
For our customer facing roles you will work closely with a single customer, developing a detailed and deep understanding of your customer’s activity and learning about their business.
For roles in our Audit Response Team, you will deliver a portfolio of audits across a number of our customers, collaborating closely with our customer teams.
Whichever pathway you choose, these roles are an ideal opportunity for career development, with opportunities for progression within the Agency and the wider civil service. About the Job
In these roles, you will:
- Lead on the development and implementation of audit plans for our customers, bringing to this an understanding of the risk environment, materiality and the control framework.
- Oversee the delivery of a portfolio of risk-based audits.
- Support Senior Audit Managers and Group Chief Internal Auditors, and play an active part in the delivery of corporate objectives to develop and grow the Agency.
- Manage a team of auditors, building an inclusive and supportive team, setting direction and providing support, advice and development.
- Be accountable for the quality of audit work, including compliance with professional standards.
- For customer team roles: Develop deep understanding of the customer through building relationships with key stakeholders in order to provide high quality analysis and insight.
- For audit response team roles: Ensure effective and efficient delivery of a portfolio of audits across several customers and collaborate effectively with customer-facing teams.
The variety and contribution of these roles is unparalleled across government! No two days will ever be the same in these fast-paced roles that will provide challenge, stretch and the opportunity to make a positive difference to the successful delivery of the UK government’s goals. About You
The successful candidates will have significant experience of successfully planning, managing and delivering a portfolio of risk-based internal audit reviews and of leading a team.
You’ll need strategic thinking skills, effective decision-making abilities, and excellent communication skills.
For each role, all candidates will need to demonstrate full current membership of a recognised professional accountancy or audit body. About Us
We are committed to being an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, and we welcome applications from candidates who wish to work flexibly, for example, part-time, term time or job share.
Hybrid Working is available to GIAA colleagues. This means a combination of office working and working from home. This includes time spent in our GIAA office locations and can also include any time spent attending our customers' sites.
GIAA colleagues are expected to work in an office location for three days a week on average (60%). Naturally, this expectation will be applied on a pro-rata basis for people who have a part-time or compressed hours working pattern. Benefits of working for the Government Internal Audit Agency
- Competitive salaries and in year rewards
- Flexible working
- Competitive contributory pension scheme with employer contributions starting from 26.6%.
- Discounts on big brands and supermarkets, online shops and on the high street.
- Paid volunteering days
- Season ticket loans/Cycle to work scheme
- Free eyesight test
- Family friendly HR policies
- 25 days annual leave, increasing one day each year to 30 days after 5 years’ service
For more information about the GIAA, role, salary, benefits, who to contact and how to apply please follow the Apply link.