The Financial Control (FC) team supports the Bank by ensuring accurate information reported to the Group, to ensure the Group maintains accurate and timely financial reporting, adhering to a robust control framework and ensuring the Group’s policies and procedures are adhered to within a controlled environment.
The OSB Group is a FTSE 250 specialist mortgage lender, primarily focused on carefully selected segments of the mortgage market.
Our specialist lending is supported by our Kent Reliance and Charter Savings Bank retail savings franchises. Diversification of funding is provided by sophisticated securitisation platforms. OSB’s unique cost-efficient operating model is supported by our wholly-owned subsidiary OSBIndia.
Alongside passion for our products and customers, we're passionate about our people and want to continue building a collaborative and engaging environment. Being dedicated to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, we encourage differences and recognise that individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights and enhance the way we work. This is supported by our Diversity, Community and Environment Employee Engagement Networks and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter and Women in Leadership Programme.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to deliver high-quality financial reporting and the daily execution of a varied range of core accounting processes, ensuring the compliance with the Group’s policies and control framework.
In this role, you will be part of a department and company that can provide growth opportunities to help you grow your career. You’ll be able to interact with multiple departments and be involved with change initiatives that are either currently happening or on the horizon.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the execution of accurate and timely completion of the month end reporting process, meeting the Group’s WD 7 close deadline.
- Ownership of the Group’s technical accounting requirements for securitisation transactions, understanding the interaction between the bank, the securitisation vehicle and consolidation business units.
- Prepare monthly analytical reviews and present the month end financial reports for senior manager review and approval, demonstrating ownership of follow-ups and seeing them through to completion as well as providing useful insights to specific P&L and BS line items.
- Working with the other Financial Control Managers to deliver the Group’s balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation process in Blackline and, co-ordinating staff in India to collectively meet the Group’s WD 10 deadline.
- Prepare a monthly control pack documenting adherence to key controls, including: system access reviews, month end sign-offs and minutes of review meetings. Ensuring the pack is reviewed and approved by the Head of Financial Control.
- Support the Group’s external audit, developing strong relationships with the Group’s External Auditor and organise the team to ensure audit deliverables are provided in-line with agreed deadlines. Be a key contact for answering audit queries, ensuring clear communication to management of issues arising.
- Assist the Head of Financial Control and Senior Financial Control Manager with key papers on areas such as: impairment of investments in subsidiaries, expected credit losses on other assets and exceptional items.
- Assist and help drive forward Group integration activities, aligning processes & controls to the Group’s target operating model, adopting best practices across the Segments as well as proactive involvement in process and control enhancements and efficiencies.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Discretionary annual bonus opportunity of up to 15%
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension (8% employer 5% employee)
- Life Assurance (4x salary) plus Group Income Protection
- Access to Private Medical Insurance and Medical Cash Plan
- Maternity & Adoption Leave - Occupational Maternity/Adoption Pay provided at 100% of salary for the first 13 weeks and at 50% of salary for the next 13 week period.
- Paternity Leave - 4 weeks of paid leave to be taken within 8 weeks of childbirth
- Additional benefits such as Hybrid working, Cycle Purchase scheme, Technology Purchase scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Holiday purchase / sell schemes, Employee Perk Portals, Payroll giving and Save as you Earn scheme.
We are looking for talented individuals who have the experience and knowledge set out below:
- Experience working as a Finance Manager in a similar environment
- Substantial post qualification experience in a similar role
- Significant experience of Financial Control
- Experience in managing and leading cross- functional teams
- Demonstrable experience of working within a financial services or risk based environment
- Experience of implementing process improvement projects and establishing good working controls
We also believe that your career and how you progress is as unique as your individual personality. We continually support our people so they can become the best version of themselves.
If this sounds like you, please apply now! For internal applications please visit the internal careers page to apply.
Alternatively, if you wish to have an informal and confidential chat please get in touch. Contact details can be found on our careers page.
If shortlisted from your initial application we operate a personalised recruitment process. Interviews are a two way street, we aim for them to be relevant and conversational to get the best out of you!
OSB Group are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and committed to treating all our employees and job applicants equally. We embrace equal opportunities and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
As part of our public commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, we have introduced our own initiatives to attract, develop and advance senior women in our sector. We don’t stop there though, we have broadened our approach to encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels and in all roles. Our leadership and Executive Committee are right behind us, to the extent that our Diversity Champions sit at Board level and on a monthly basis receive updates on our progress.
Whilst we are an organisation that values face-to-face interaction to build and nourish our culture, we also acknowledge that people are not just productive in an office and tied to the 9 to 5. Flexible-working opportunities are important for establishing a healthy work-life balance so if you see a role of interest we are happy to be asked about flexibility and explore together if we can make it work.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK and be willing to undertake the relevant pre-employment screening checks should your application be successful.