As an Emerging Markets Bond Analyst at SIG, based in our London office, you will play a critical role in identifying investment opportunities in emerging market bonds. By conducting macro event analysis, studying the economic picture, and performing issuance analysis, you will provide invaluable insights to our senior analysts and traders. Your analysis will be crucial in supporting trading decisions and maximizing returns in the emerging markets space.What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct comprehensive macro event analysis and monitor economic indicators to identify trends, assess risks, and develop investment recommendations related to emerging markets bond investments.
- Analyse the issuance activity in emerging markets, evaluate credit quality, and provide insightful research on the underlying companies and countries issuing the bonds.
- Stay up-to-date with political, social, and economic developments in emerging market countries to assess their impact on bond markets.
- Collaborate with traders, researchers, and other analysts to identify and capitalize on emerging market bond opportunities.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, International Relations or a related field
- Previous experience working on a bond trading desk or in a similar role within the financial markets an advantage
- Strong knowledge of economic principles and the ability to interpret and analyze economic data
- Familiarity with the bond market and understanding of the risks and opportunities associated with investing in such markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely
- CFA qualification or progress towards achieving it would be advantageous
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong analytical and research skills with meticulous attention to detail
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.