The purpose of this role is to provide support to our UK Commercial Finance team by optimising reporting systems, ensuring accurate data management and consistency of reports, and providing valuable insights through analysis.
This role will include streamlining reports and key financial processes to drive efficiencies and consistency across the team. It will also be key support for the Finance transformation project and support in ensuring that future state reporting is fit for purpose.Systems & Finance Process
Analysis and Reporting
- Responsible for ensuring Power BI data is accurate and reports are fit for purpose. Liaising with our IT contact to support timely data loads.
- Communicating to key stakeholders on reporting availability at key points during the business cycle.
- Identify opportunities for automation and streamlining of processes to drive efficiencies, ensuring the root cause of any issues are identified and resolved.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance existing reporting tools and provide recommendations.
- Ownership of the IT issue log and making wider team aware of any key issues and any required escalations by Head of Sales Finance.
- Where applicable produce a business case for improvements to our current Power BI system
- Preparation of the month end data files for the Commercial team
- Updating the monthly finance files used for Customer/Category analysis
- Building analysis files in excel at key forecasting periods to enable sku level variance analysis
- Ad hoc analysis as required to support key business decisions (e.g JBP modelling or CPI scenario modelling)
- Understand the Monthly lump Sum and Releases process and provide recommendations to streamline.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation for financial processes.
- Improve and streamline the monthly HIT plan process regarding collation and presentation of key financial information.
- University Degree
- Experience working in a finance role
- Experience of working in an FMCG organisation
- Accounting qualification
- Experience with working across cross functional Teams in a matrix style organisation
- Power BI
- SAP ECC/SAP BI
- Advanced MS Office package, particularly Excel
- High level of business / financial acumen and analytical ability
- Strong communication skills
- Able to handle large data sets and manipulate data to draw out key insights and present information in a suitable format to share with senior stakeholders.
- Able to quickly learn and understand interactions between various finance/reporting system.
- Focussed on meeting deadlines and commitments to others. Always looking to improve processes.
- seeking out the root cause rather than just dealing with the symptoms “the so what”
- Able to challenge, understand and communicate to different Stakeholder groups in a clear way
- Pro-active and able to work off own initiative and as part of a Team
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy.