At Derivco, we work alongside our clients who are considered giants in the industry, to create and develop the platform that hosts some of the best online casino games in the industry.
We are also Platinum partners with vendors such as Microsoft and we are proud to say we employ over 2,500 of the brightest minds across our offices in the USA, South Africa, UK, Spain, Malta, Sweden and Australia.
To work for Derivco means you will work with cutting-edge technology., in our designer offices. Our people are brilliant., our ideas fresh and our technology is trailblazing.
You will be inspired, challenged, and stimulated every day and you will receive an extraordinary number of high-fives - rewarded for work well done. A place where you will feel as if you have found your intellectual and creative home. Sounds pretty awesome, right? Key
Audit Planning and Direction
- Assist in preparing and maintaining the annual internal audit plan to ensure that all required audits are successfully conducted and that the required resources are available.
- Agree engagement timings / dates with auditees to ensure assigned audits are deliverable in-line with the overall annual plan, escalating any issues or conflicts as required.
- Estimates the effort required for own work as input to the internal audit workforce planning.
- Actively contribute to and participate in the Internal Audit strategy through delivery of assigned activities in the action plan.
Reporting and Escalation
- Conduct allocated audits in-line with the methodologies, standards, and procedures as set out in the Internal Audit Manual.
- Ensure that all required documentation is maintained in the central repository in accordance with the Internal Audit Data management policy.
- Ensure the ongoing monitoring of management's corrective action plans until resolution, escalating as required if management fail to adequately address audit findings.
- Identify the need for follow-up audits based on risks identified during an internal audit and maintain the audit plan
- Conduct quality assessment (QA) reviews of audit files to ensure quality and consistency is maintained across the internal audit function.
Knowledge, Practices & Continuous Improvement
- Ensure any significant internal audit findings, issues or risks are appropriately escalated.
- Perform the ongoing monitoring of allocated management action plans until resolution, escalating as required if management fail to adequately address audit findings.
- Provide input into compliance monthly reports to reflect internal audit activities and outcomes
- Conduct research, analyze data and participate in post audit reviews to identify improvement opportunities in internal audit processes and practices.
- Conduct Internal training for the business to ensure they understand the internal audit function, services and ways of work.
- Regularly review own training needs based on the Internal Audit skills assessment and personal development goals. Complete all training requirements identified
- Provide on the job feedback to team members to help them improve their audit skills
- Monitor and report progress against identified performance measures (KPIs).
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Actively work to create and maintain professional relationships across the business, ensuring good stakeholder relations are maintained in line with the Internal Audit stakeholder action plan.
- Drive change management initiatives to ensure stakeholder adoption and benefit realization
- Support and participate in improvement initiatives, ad-hoc reviews and investigations as agreed with the Head of Internal Audit.
Why Join Derivco ?
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field OR hold a professional qualification in Accounting, Finance or Audit (i.e ACA, CIMA, ACCA, IIA etc)
- 3-5 years experience in an audit position, with at least two years recent experience working in an internal audit function
- Experience conducting audits in a remote setting, across different locations (Advantageous)
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- A pro-active approach to developing and adopting new ways of working
- Be a self-starter with an eagerness to learn and keep up to date with the latest trends/risks in our industry
- Experience in any of the following would also be highly advantageous (IT Auditing, ISO27001, IS09001, Risk Management, Compliance Management)
- Hybrid working model
- Competitive salary package and benefits
- Discretionary bonus payments
- Employee wellness
- Study assistance
Derivco is an equal opportunities employer.
We value people as individuals with diverse opinions, cultures, lifestyles and circumstances and we are committed to equality of opportunity and to providing a productive working environment free from unfair and unlawful discrimination.