NSC} is a multi-national technology managed services and infrastructure provider that helps international clients solve their challenges. Our aim is to be the partner of choice in the services we provide to our clients. A strategy that is working and had created a £150m turnover profitable company over the last 8 years.
We currently have over 2,000 plus employees across the globe, and with our trusted partner network we can operate in over 150 countries solving our clients need.
Our clients are larger well known organisations demanding a capable and trusted partner to solve challenging technical, process and cost concerns. Our business units (BU’S) are: Procurement & Logistics (PLS), Global Onsite Customer Care (GOCC), Operational Support (OSS), Global Field Engineering Services (GFES), Transformation Services (TS) and Global Client Service Delivery (GCSD).
This is an exciting “hands on” role reporting into the Head of Planning and Analysis in the UK, with dotted line reporting to the GOCC Business Unit Head in based in France. It is a commercial role providing financial oversight and support to one of the largest business units in the group as well as supporting regional sales teams on the commercial evaluation on sales opportunities.
The role encompasses the following Essential Functions:
- Partnering with the GOCC business unit lead, Project Managers, and the Sales team to ensure an accurate and up to date forecast for the GOCC business unit.
- Financial control of all ongoing projects, reviewing actual against forecasted performance, and identifying remedial actions to improve project performance where appropriate.
- Commercial evaluations on future deals and sales opportunities including review of contracts and subsequent accounting and reporting requirements.
- Assisting the Financial Accounting teams at month end to ensure accurate results, correcting any errors and reviewing the results with the BU Head.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a commercial finance / business analyst role, partnering senior non- finance business managers
- Basic understanding of accounting principles (e.g., accruals, deferrals and revenue recognition)
- Working understanding of the financial statements (i.e., the main components of each and how the statements link to each other)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good communicator with the ability to effectively communicate financial matters with non-financial colleagues
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Independent and proactive, a desire to improve processes and performance
- Commercial Acumen and Business Partnering skills
- Ability to work with a global team
Home/Office (2 days per week) based - We offer real flexibility to accommodate and enhance lifestyle, plus benefits that include 25 days holiday, medical benefits, and pension. It’s a vibrant environment full of challenges where everybody feels 100% committed, and happy to roll up their sleeves whilst being at ease with playing an active role securing solutions and extracting maximum performance from the business.