Thinking about your career after education but not sure where to start? Cooper Parry offer’s a one-week work experience programme to give you a taste of working life in professional services.
Our programme aims to showcase working-life in accounting, gain practical experience and develop new skills, through supported training. You’ll walk away with valuable experience which we hope will help to give you clarity on your future.
We believe it is vital to boost the links between education and business; supporting you to gain experience and aid the big decisions you will have started to think about. Don’t worry, no one has all the answers. Which is why work experience is the best way to try out something new and get a feel for what might grow into a career.What can you expect from the Work Experience Programme...
- Full working week in one of our Southern offices
- Meet and work with a fantastic team
- Virtual group sessions with the wider work experience cohort, working on a business project together
- Have lunch with our trainees and the chance to find out more about their career path
- Access to on demand and live training sessions, including excel, PowerPoint and bookkeeping courses
We want you to make the most of your work experience, learning what life in Accounting could look like and developing some new skills along the way.So, we look for people who...
- Enjoy building relationships
- Love collaborating with others
- Brave enough to try something new
There are no specific requirements, we just want someone to come with the energy to learn and an open-mind.
We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more. But we’re no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers.
We’re straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what’s made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK.Over the last couple years alone, we have achieved some fantastic feats...
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK 2023 & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards and 13th against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
You can read more about who we are and how we started through A Rebels Tale: CP's Story and Our Culture BookWhat's in it for you...
We put our people at the heart of our culture.
If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that’s why we would make sure you received lots of support throughout your work experience journey with us to have the best possible experience.
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities’ employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
Interested? If you’d like to be considered for this role, please click apply, upload your CV and answer our application questions. These questions are the first part of our screening process, so please ensure you answer them in full - but you don’t need to write an essay!