Are you interested in joining a business going through a period of high growth? Are you a interested in a wide ranging and commercially focused role?
If so, we are looking for a Finance Analyst
to join our clients team, based in Stevenage. The role will be hybrid, 3 days per week in the office.
The role will report directly to the Lead Finance Business Partner and will be responsible for various accounting, forecasting and reporting activities related to the projects and commercial side of the company, as well as business partnering with various units across the business - both finance and non finance. Role
- To act as a business partner to project managers: prepare budgets and monitor forecasts of internal and external spend on an ongoing basis in conjunction with budget holders, ensure accurate forecasts are maintained on project models with due consideration of risk and opportunities
- Management accounts for multiple business units, ensuring actuals and forecasting remains up to date.
- Responsible for accurate reporting of project performance, including project accruals and month end reporting
- To prepare supporting information for grant claims, audits, and steering meetings
- To support Project Managers on assigned projects in appreciating Project finances and Collaborator activities
- Support year end audit requirements including Integral audit.
- To establish correct revenue recognition for different projects and communicating the implications
- To assist all finance teams in their P2P processes and month-end tasks
- To assist the Lead Finance Business Partners in the timely closure of month end, year-end, and audit related tasks
- To provide cover for other finance staff and carry out other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Experience of month-end accounting and comparing budgets to actuals
- Finalist or newly qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA is preferred - part qualified minimum
- Experience in reviewing and compiling key financial information
- Financial modelling experience is desirable
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills with the interpersonal skills required to build relationships across the business