UKI Assurance - Audit - Account Support Associate - Birmingham
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all. The Opportunity
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive and organised professional to join our team, playing a key role in the smooth running of the audits of complex clients. Your key responsibilities
As a valued member of our Assurance team, you will interface regularly with EY engagement teams and external client personnel at all levels of seniority. You will dedicate most of your time to engagement administration and non-technical project coordination. You will provide day to day support to audit teams, their activities and service delivery of audit engagements, including both financial analysis and general administration.
Skills and attributes for success
- Prepare supporting analysis for fee billings, monitoring and conducting credit collection
- Take the lead on budget setting analysis, challenge work in progress, summarise costs against budget and highlight any variances to the account team members
- Proactively build ongoing relationships and act as a point of contact for clients, responding to non-technical coordination queries
- Play a key role in the audit project cycle via diary management and maintaining audit timetables and staffing
- Delegate and supervise routine administrative tasks to EYs overseas Global Delivery Service (GDS) team, monitoring their output and maintaining overall responsibility for task completion
- Prepare and distribute material for meetings, facilitate discussion, record and distribute minutes and follow up on actions
To qualify for the role you must have
- Effective communicator, specifically the confidence to approach, interact, question, and challenge geographically dispersed stakeholders of varying seniority, both in EY and client organisations
- Ability to successfully multitask, plan and prioritise multiple ongoing and ad-hoc projects during key busy periods with minimal direction
- Working within tight deadlines whilst maintaining high standards of work
- Strong customer service focus with foresight to anticipate team and client requirements
Experience in account management and budgeting with proven project management skills High level of proficiency in MS Office with advanced level MS Excel Strong numeracy, communication, and organisational skills Ideally you’ll also have
What we look for
- Reported directly to and interfaced with multiple senior stakeholders on a previous project
- Experience in a professional services environment
- Education to 'A Level’ standard (or equivalent) and/or further education qualification e.g. HND or degree qualified
We are looking for a trustworthy team member capable of making autonomous decisions, exercising sound judgment and discretion, and taking ownership of processes. You will be an assured self-starter who is passionate about the opportunity to work for a large global business. You will show willingness to adapt and learn new systems and processes but be comfortable to challenge and improve processes where appropriate. What we offer
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build. Apply now.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy
. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters! This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.