The Team: Morningstar's Finance team is responsible for accounting, financial planning and analysis of the company's financial results, and ensuring adherence to local statutory requirements, including compliance with relevant regulatory bodies (FCA, etc.). The team collaborates closely with our business groups, providing them with timely and insightful information to facilitate informed business decisions. The Role
: Morningstar is seeking a Regulatory Reporting Accountant- EMEA West (UK, Jersey, Middle East, and South Africa) to join our UK-based finance team. This role reports to the Finance Manager, Regulatory Reporting, and supports our regulated businesses in the region. The Regulatory Reporting Accountant will be primarily responsible for executing tasks related to compliance with regulatory and statutory reporting requirements in the relevant jurisdictions. This includes preparing and submitting financial reports to regulatory bodies in partnership with the compliance function and assisting in the statutory audit process.
This role offers a challenging opportunity to work closely with business leadership and contribute to strategic improvements and efficiencies in our operating structure, driving the business forward. This position is based in our London office with a hybrid working arrangement. Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain cash flow reports to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and operational needs of the business.
- Collaborate with Group Treasury and Tax teams to address capital and liquidity requirements in a compliant manner.
- Support financial reporting submissions to local regulatory bodies in relevant jurisdictions (such as FCA, JFSA, DFSA, DIFC, FCSA).
- Work closely with the compliance team to meet all regulatory reporting requirements and address compliance-related issues.
- Participate in regulated entities' board meetings, assisting in financial reporting.
- Coordinate regulated processes such as ICARA, ensuring timely completion and filing.
- Assist in modelling regulatory and liquid capital, wind-down scenarios, and stress tests for regulated entities.
- Maintain and update the financial risk register for presentation to the legal entity board of directors.
- Support the Controllership and Shared Services team in ensuring the accuracy of financial statements for the regulated entity structure.
- Identify and implement improvements in regulatory reporting processes to enhance efficiency.
- Assist in ensuring timely and accurate statutory reporting, including audits and external tax filings.
- Support during external audits, helping resolve issues and working with the internal CASS team.
- Stay updated with local and international regulations impacting financial reporting requirements.
- Contribute to the team structure capable of supporting the growth of regulated business activities in the region.
- A qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent international accounting qualification
- Direct experience in managing financial reporting submissions and capital adequacy in a regulatory environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of FCA reporting requirements, including MIFIDPRU 8 Disclosure and the ICARA process.
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated individual capable of managing reporting requirements accurately and timely.
- Strong communication skills, capable of building relationships at all levels.
- Enthusiastic, approachable, and able to engage operational managers on financial matters.
- Proficiency in local UK GAAP / IFRS is essential; knowledge of US-GAAP is desirable.
- Experience with Oracle Financial Systems and Hyperion Financial Management is preferred.
- Experience working with regulatory bodies in Dubai, South Africa, and Jersey would be beneficial.
301_MstarEurLtd Morningstar Europe Ltd (UK) Legal Entity
Morningstar's hybrid work environment gives you the opportunity to work remotely and collaborate in-person each week. We've found that we're at our best when we're purposely together on a regular basis, at least three days each week. A range of other benefits are also available to enhance flexibility as needs change. No matter where you are, you'll have tools and resources to engage meaningfully with your global colleagues. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.