Finance Manager, Regulatory Reporting - EMEA WestThe Team
: Morningstar's Finance team is responsible for accounting, financial planning and analysis of the company's financial results, and to ensure adherence to local statutory requirements, including the relevant regulatory bodies (FCA etc.) . The team works collaboratively with our business groups to support them with timely and insightful information to make informed business decisions.The Role
: Morningstar seeks a Finance Manager, Regulatory Reporting - EMEA West (UK, Jersey, Middle East and South Africa) to join the UK based finance team reporting into the EMEA West & Nordics Controller supporting our regulated businesses in the region. The Finance Manager, Regulatory Reporting - EMEA West will be responsible for the supervision and career development of two finance professionals and will collectively be responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory and statutory reporting requirements in the relevant jurisdictions. This includes overseeing the preparation and submission of financial based reporting to the regulatory bodies in partnership with the compliance function, and managing the statutory audit process.
This role will be instrumental in managing capital adequacy requirements in a complex legal entity structure which will require strong business partnership and knowledge of future operating requirements to avoid any capital breaches. The role will present an exciting opportunity to work with business leadership to introduce strategic improvements and efficiencies to our operating structure to drive the business forward. This position is based in our London office (Hybrid working arrangement).Responsibilities
- Manage and review cashflows to ensure compliance with both regulatory requirements and the operational needs of the business
- Partner with Group Treasury and Tax teams to ensure capital and liquidity requirements are addressed in a timely and compliant manner
- Manage the financial reporting submissions to the local regulatory bodies in the relevant jurisdictions (such as FCA, JFSA, DFSA, DIFC, FCSA)
- Liaise with the compliance team to ensure all regulatory reporting requirements are met and to address any compliance-related issues
- Attending the regulated entities board meetings and responsible for the financial reporting to the board
- Co-ordinating regulated processes such as ICARA and ensuring they are completed and filled on a timely basis
- Lead a team of two direct reports responsible for their coaching and career development plans
- Modelling of regulatory and liquid capital, wind-down scenarios and stress-tests for the regulated entities, protecting the business from any capital breaches
- Maintain financial risk register to be presented to legal entity board of directors
- Partnering with the Controllership and Shared Services team in monitoring the accuracy of the financial statements of the regulated entity structure
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve regulatory reporting processes to drive efficiency
- Ensure all statutory reporting requirements are timely and accurate, including statutory audits and external tax filings
- Point of escalation for external auditors during the audit process, ensuring timely resolution of any issues raised, and working with our internal CASS team
- Monitor and ensure compliance with local and international regulations and keeping updated with any changes that may impact financial reporting requirements
- Building a team structure which can absorb the growth of our regulated business activity in the region
- A qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent international accounting qualification, accountant with at least 3 years PQE
- Hand on experience managing financial reporting submissions and capital adequacy requirements in a regulatory environment is mandatory for this role
- In-depth knowledge of FCA reporting requirements such as the MIFIDPRU 8 Disclosure and the ICARA process
- Highly motivated and detail-orientated individual who is able to track and manage all reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner
- Excellent communicator with ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Enthusiastic and approachable and able to engage operational managers on financial matters
- Knowledge of local UK GAAP / IFRS is essential and US-GAAP is desirable.
- Hands-on experience with Oracle Financial Systems and Hyperion Financial Management is preferred
- Experience working with regulatory bodies in Dubai, South Africa and Jersey would be an advantage
P03_PraemiumUKLimited Morningstar Wealth (UK) Limited Legal Entity
Morningstar's hybrid work environment gives you the opportunity to work remotely and collaborate in-person each week. We've found that we're at our best when we're purposely together on a regular basis, at least three days each week. A range of other benefits are also available to enhance flexibility as needs change. No matter where you are, you'll have tools and resources to engage meaningfully with your global colleagues. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.