department: Finance LOCATION:
York House, Marble Arch London
REPORTING TO: Group Reporting Manager
TYPE OF CONTRACT: 12 Months FTCPLACES, PEOPLE, PREFER
Our purpose is to create and manage outstanding places which deliver positive outcomes for all our stakeholders on a long term, sustainable basis.
We are a FTSE listed business with a strong balance sheet and £13bn of assets under management. But with just 600 employees you’re given the ability to make a big impact and elevate your career quickly.
Our diverse, passionate team of experts works on some of the most ambitious, innovative and sustainable projects in the country - from our high-quality campuses across central London, to some of the top retail schemes in the UK - providing a rewarding career journey where you can shape how you grow.
We believe in shared success and enabling people to be themselves. If you want to feel listened to and understood in an environment where your opinions count and bright ideas are encouraged, you’ve come to the right place!
In our recent engagement survey 93% of our employees stated they were proud to work for
British Land! THE ROLE
The role is integral to support the functioning of the financial reporting team, ensuring that key financial processes are well controlled and managed. This includes half yearly results process, quarterly joint venture reporting process, statutory accounts and corporation tax returns, along with helping to support the wider group finance team. The role offers a great opportunity for learning and development, with a growth mindset and training future talent.WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist with the project management and preparation of our annual financial statement production process for c.450 statutory accounts - this includes monitoring the overall process ensuring the FR team are meeting deadlines, preparing (statutory) accounts and working with the external auditors and dealing with their queries
- Undertaken quarterly analytical reviews of actual performance vs budget/forecast, working alongside the Business Partners and Group FP&A to assist in management reporting
- Assist with the annual corporation tax returns process, including the tracking and completion of the iXBRL statuary accounts tagging for HMRC filing
- Assist with the annual corporation tax returns process
- Undertake financial analysis to assess and conclude on the financial strength of new & existing customers
- Other ad hoc tasks and projects throughout the year as and when required
OUR SHARED VALUES
- Qualified ACA/ACCA accountant (or equivalent)
- Interest and passion in working in a Group Finance function
- Growth and learning mindset
- Some experience of working in a finance function preferable
- Confidence to liaise with large number of individuals and teams
- Flexibility to deal with differing workloads and cycle of financial deadlines
- A collaborative and strong team player, willing to get stuck in
- A can-do attitude individual
- Excellent organisational skills and keen eye for detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong personal presence, impact, and influencing skills
- Able to understand and anticipate customer’s requirements/needs
- Able to manage a portfolio of responsibilities, prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Able to take ownership and responsibility of workload and output
our values are what we stand for at British Land, they’re not just a label on the door; they connect us every day to our vision, purpose, and strategy. They help us to promote an inclusive, positive, and collaborative culture. You can read more on our corporate website.
Bring your whole self
Listen & Understand
Build for the future
Deliver at pace A REWARDING PLACE TO BE
Our People - Just ask anyone why they love working here and they will tell you it’s the people. They’re highly talented, passionate, and collaborative! We thank our people with rewards that feel rewarding; you can review our market leading benefits here. OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
If you enjoy bringing your whole self to work, share our values and are excited about our purpose we’d love to hear from you! We are committed to providing an accessible and inclusive process learn more about our selection process here. #LI-Remote
Please note that we endeavour to get back to all applicants within 28 days. If you haven’t heard from us within this period, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.