Financial Controller - Maldron Hotel Derry A fantastic opportunity is now available for an experienced Hotel Accountant to join Maldron Hotel Derry. Objective of the Role
Reporting to the Regional Financial Controller and the Hotel General Manager, the Financial Controller will provide business acumen to the General Manager and the Hotel Management team. Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To demonstrate a clear and consistent management of controls and compliance and ensure that the high level of reporting standards are being maintained
- As a key member of the senior management team and a business partner to the General Manager you will play a significant role in the production of the annual business plan and review of same.
- Drive and lead our departmental managers in achieving our hotel KPI’s & balance score card.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts.
- Pro-active contribution to the overall property management and cost management.
- Safeguard the assets of the hotel with particular emphasis on the maintenance of sound internal control systems.
- We are looking for ambitious, confident and professional individual with strong communication, organisational, analytical and management skills.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate accounting experience, preferably in a hospitality, food & beverage environment or within the retail sector.
- The ideal candidate will be a qualified or part qualified accountant.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- 2-3 years’ proven experience in an accountancy role.
Closing Date: 23rd February 2024 About our culture:
Dalata Hotel Group - Ireland’s largest hotel group has a number of exciting positions on the horizon. As Dalata continues to grow and expand in Ireland and the UK it’s more important than ever to have the right team alongside us, in the near future we will be opening the doors of new hotels creating many jobs and investing millions in the Irish and UK economy.
We lead through our Dalata values of “Our People, Our Fairness, Our Service and Our Individuality”. If you have the right attitude and energy you will have great opportunities to progress within the group. Our company is a place where you can do great things - individually and as a team. You will have the opportunity to develop your talent, be recognised and rewarded for your commitment and pursue a fulfilling career. We also have a number of unique and recognised training programmes to aid your professional and personal development and pride ourselves on creating an objective, supportive and fair working environment for our employees. Dalata Hotel Group Plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer.