We are looking to recruit a Finance Assistant
to join our team based in London. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £28,768 per annum. The Royal Air Force Museum
is a national museum, a Government non-departmental public body (NDPB) and a registered charity, with two sister sites at London and Midlands. Our purpose is to share the RAF story, past, present and future - using the stories of its people and our collections in order to engage, inform and inspire. Our Vision is to inspire everyone with the RAF story - the people who shape it and its place in our lives.
We have two public sites (London and Midlands) and a stored collection (Stafford). Our trading company and active fundraising supplement Grant in Aid which comes through the Ministry of Defence. Purpose of the Finance Assistant role is to:
The Museum is seeking to appoint a Finance Assistant for the Museum’s trading company (RAFMEL), as part of a small finance team for the Museum and RAFMEL. The profits of RAFMEL are gifted to the RAF Museum to enhance our visitor experience, improve our facilities, and help us inspire everyone with the RAF story.
You will play an important role in the smooth day-to-day running of the Finance department supporting the Senior Finance Assistant and the commercial teams with a primary focus on the payment process and sales invoicing.
You will be responsible for running several day-to-day financial processes within the Museum sales and purchasing accounting areas. The post-holder is responsible for invoicing, processing purchases and maintaining the RAFMEL sales and purchase ledger in Sage. The post-holder will be required to work with members of the Museum to collect information and resolve queries around invoicing and purchasing. Key responsibilities of our Finance Assistant include:
What we are looking for in our Finance Assistant:
- Setting up and updating customers in the sales ledger
- Reconciling individual accounts and resolving queries
- Setting up and updating supplier and service providers in the purchase ledge
- Following up with the relevant Museum staff any POs not delivered in Sage and any invoices without PO
- Maintaining petty cash float and reconcile balances for RAFMEL at both sites
- Post petty cash transactions
- Providing cover for other members of the Finance team, as necessary
- Maintaining appropriate financial records and ensuring prior year files are archived at least annually.
- Ensuring effective communication with all stakeholders, both internally and externall
- Working closely with other departments to deliver museum-wide programmes and objectives
- Substantial and proven general accounting experience
- Intermediate Excel skills and competency with other Microsoft Office products
- Displays enthusiasm around activities, adopting a positive approach when interacting with others and motivating team members
- Listens to, understands, respects and accepts different views, ideas and ways of working
- Uses experience and knowledge of standard practices, procedures or customs to evaluate problems and make appropriate decisions/provide appropriate advice
- Is able to organise own and others’ activities to deliver to expected standards and targets, with operational responsibility for a particular area
- Understands the Museum’s purpose, vision and strategic objectives, and how their own role, their team and other teams within the Museum, supports their achievement
Closing date for applications: 12pm 16th February 2024
Interviews will take place on: 26th February 2024
If you think you have what it takes and want to be part of this exciting journey, please click apply now to be re-directed to our jobs page where you can access the application method and details for the Finance Assistant
role. Join us in delivering our purpose and achieving our vision, ensuring that the Royal Air Force’s story continues to enrich and inspire current and future generations. We would love to hear from you.