We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Business Partner (Global Grade 12) to join our Finance & Commercial team on a permanent basis. Job overview:
Reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller, the Senior Finance Business Partner will oversee the management reporting function for Elexon. The purpose of the role is ensure integrity and timely production of a suite of management reports for Elexon Group and its subsidiary entities. Manage the budgeting process and monitor performance against this. Analyse financial data and provide support to the business and assist in making informed business decisions (3-4 direct reports). Key Responsibilities / Deliverables:
- Responsibility for managing, training & mentoring of the Business Partners and Management Accountants
- Acting as a Senior Business Partner to stakeholders, ensuring that information is accurately reflected and that it provides insight into future projects and strategic direction in an ever-changing environment
- Communicates regularly and effectively with and influences Executives, SLT members and all budget holders around all commercial and financial decisions. Initiates regular well-structured meetings with set agendas for the management of commercial and financial performance as well as ad hoc communication
- Month End - Ownership of Month End close. Full preparation of consolidated reports for Board Packs with Commentary.
- Manages Finance Business Systems Analyst to drive forward implementation of new Finance systems and processes so as to: (i) replace, simplify and upgrade existing financial systems (ii) transform reporting and insight to deliver new views of Products and Customer value (iii) accelerates regular monthly close procedures / processes and (iv) maintains existing compliance and statutory information working together with Finance Manager on (iii) and (iv)
- Provide support and reports to Programme Board, Change Board and Transformation Committee highlighting key messages. Able to devise, advise and implement effective new Governance processes covering (but not limited to) Boards, Committees, Delegated ‘Signing’ Authority and process controls
- Devising, implementing and embedding new business / contract / investment case procedure in a complex hybrid commercial / not for profit environment where benefits often accrue to other parties. Supporting Product Owners in developing business cases, reviewing investment papers and continue investment evaluation
- FP&A - P&L/Cost/KPI/variance analysis and other ad hoc analysis where required. Provide support on customer specific analysis needs
- Assisting the Financial Controller/Finance Manager with the Cash flow forecast
- Business Partnering & Commercial Support - work closely with Senior Managers, Directors and other non-finance individuals. Assisting with customer driven analysis, supporting resolutions of management reporting queries, managing large scale transformation project budgets and assisting with commercial contract evaluations
- Take a leading role during the audit and year-end processes, liaising with external auditors where necessary
- Finance system admin person for all finance systems. Act as the super user of Elexon finance applications (currently Agresso & Board), ensures all housekeeping activities are performed timely and any required development is managed in a controlled process to meet internal and audit requirements
Job Function Knowledge:
Job Requirements: Essential:
- The post holder will have knowledge and experience of leading budgeting and forecasting processes and communication.
- The post holder will have knowledge of management accounting processes and associated reporting systems (currently Agresso & Board).
- The post holder will have the ability to implement new systems, processes and approaches to improve commercial management accounting and business partnering
- The post holder will have experience with general ledger functions and month-end close process.
- The post holder will need sufficient accounting knowledge to assist in the consolidated Group financial statements.
- The post holder will have knowledge of UK GAAP and FRS102 and be able to research and advise of their development and applicability to Elexon
- The post holder shall have the ability to proactively identify areas for improvement in, and implement changes to accounting processes and systems including the advancement of digitalisation.
- Excellent knowledge of budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent knowledge of management reporting systems and processes (Agresso & Board)
- Knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP and experience with general ledger functions and month-end close process, including consolidation and reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with senior level managers
- Excellent MS Office (Specifically Excel & Word) Excel skills including Vlookup, Pivot Table and advanced formulae
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Be able to positively influence stakeholders within the business
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to improve financial systems
In return, Elexon provides:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or nearly qualified with significant experience in applying the knowledge acquired in a working environment
- Line/matrix management experience
- Developed, changed and improved financial systems and processes for effective Business Partnering and management information
- 28 days annual holiday + Bank Holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical (Bupa)
- Private dental (Cigna)
At Elexon, our employee wellbeing is particularly important to us, which is why we are proud to provide:
- Hybrid working available
- Nuffiled Health check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Buying & selling holiday scheme
- Computing scheme
- CSR days
- Season ticket loan
We believe a diverse and inclusive culture allows innovation and creativity to flourish. We are committed to continuously improving our culture for our colleagues and stakeholders. Through our hugely successful Diversity Forum, MHFA network and regular programme of activities and events, we celebrate difference and recognise the value of employee wellbeing, which is a consistent outcome from annual employee surveys that we conduct. Likewise, as a community, we like to support each other, and all agree Elexon is a great place to work with a great workspace too!
At Elexon, we want to:
Elexon together, embracing differences, listening to all voices.
- Provide true equality of opportunity
- Attract and retain diverse talent
- Listen to all voices
- Be representative of the communities we work in
- Be a roles model for Diversity and Inclusion in the industry
(Employment, is subject to: right to work, referencing & DBS checks)