Giving the world more time.
We now have the technology, data, and insights to redefine health. Together with our partners, we will make the leap from reactive to proactive medicine. By collectively benefiting from the data we individually generate, we can all live our longest, fullest lives. Huma partners with scientists, technologists, healthcare, and life sciences professionals to understand, treat, and ultimately prevent ill health. Giving knowledge and power to those with medical conditions, while saving clinicians time, energy, and valuable resources.
Please note this role requires a minimum of 3 days per week in our London office.
- In this role, you will report to the VP, Head of Finance and work closely with the rest of the Accounting team. There will also be close interaction with function leaders and the Leadership team.
- Core responsibilities include monthly internal and external reporting, Group consolidation, tax reporting, Company Secretary responsibilities, account reconciliation, interpretation and implementation of relevant accounting guidance, internal control environment, and process improvement
- Additionally, you will be responsible for the most technical accounting topics across the Group, including partnering with the Corporate Development team on M&A.
- Own the relationship with the external auditor and manage the external reporting process including statutory filings, and owning the reporting to the Board and investors.
- Perform general ledger maintenance functions
- Collaborate with other members of the team, providing mentoring, coaching and guidance to contribute to the team's overall success
- Ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
From day 1 in this role we'll expect you to have
- ACA qualified or equivalent (minimum of 2 years PQE within a finance team or accounting firm)
- A strong technical accountant with good knowledge of IFRS and the ability to apply this to real world business scenarios, supporting business decisions, new transactions and new products in a fast-moving environment.
- A motivated self-starter who is organised and agile, playing a key role in the planning and execution of key reporting and external audit processes.
- Be excited about the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day.
- Be detail oriented, thorough, curious and are a collaborative problem solver
- Have strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Previous experience working in a startup or other fast paced environment
- A degree or qualification in Accounting
- Past experience working in a large audit firm (e.g. KPMG, EY, PWC, Deloitte, BDO or Grant Thornton)
- Experience with Netsuite
You will thrive at Huma if you are
- Resilient - show adaptability, be a pro-juggler and have the ability to move fast
- A Driver of results - always thinking, quantifying, comparing and coming up with ways to make Huma better
- A strong communicator - you practice open and clear dialogue, while listening with fairness
- Detail oriented - working with people's health means we obsess over every detail and make sure we get it right
- A Problem-solver - a passion to creatively find solutions that solve one of the biggest global challenges - human longevity
- A Builder - you roll up your sleeves and get things done
- A Cultivator of Innovation - you will tirelessly challenge the status quo
- An Agile thinker - comfortable adjusting to a ﬂuid business environment where rapid change is the norm
What we can offer you
- Competitive pension scheme & salary sacrifice with Aviva
- Prioritisation of your health and wellbeing with ClassPass
- EAP scheme and gym membership discount with Aviva
- Progressive private health insurance with Aviva
- AIG Life & income protection scheme
- Generous share options - every employee is an owner
- 25 days paid vacation + UK bank holidays
- Bike2Work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Family first culture - giving the flexibility you need
- Growth & development opportunities
Come join us!
We believe magic happens when you bring together diverse ideas, experiences, and styles. We want to create a world where people live longer, fuller lives, and to do that well we need a team that represents all of the people and communities who use our solutions. We aspire to create an environment where everyone has the opportunity to do their best work. We are always looking for ways to improve so if you have any suggestions, please get in touch.
Dear recruitment agency friends: Huma attracts an amazing number of direct candidates and we do not need any help at this stage, so please do not send us unsolicited agency resumes. This is not a great use of your time, and we will not accept any liability or fees for any resumes or candidates which we have not asked you to find for us.