Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Regulatory Reporting subject matter expert to join our Regulatory reporting team. This is the first step into a management position. As well as fulfilling the day job, we're looking for someone who can assist the team manager with the day to day running of the team.
As a Lead Specialist your day job will be to help ensure our regulatory transaction reports go out to the regulator in a timely manner. As well as having a keen eye to spot any problems, and remediate them, you'll also be able to help the team manager identify areas where controls can be improved.
You will thrive in a fast paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation.
A good people manager with responsibility for supporting the management and development of some of the Specialists within the team. You will be someone the team can rely on when the manager's not around.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You'll be based at our Schroders Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our operations hub which was established in 2019 - home to our client servicing and product reporting for Europe, the Middle East and Africa. There is an onsite carpark as well as a free Schroders shuttle service to and from Horsham train station for staff.
It has the same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus. It's a fantastic place to work where teamwork is essential to help us with our digital first strategy.
What you'll do
- Supervising the day-to-day production of full, accurate and timely reports, making sure we hit internal and external deadlines across MiFIR, EMIR, ASIC, & SFTR;
- Supervising the quarterly production of full, accurate and timely reports, making sure we hit internal and external deadlines across MMFR & AIFMD;
- Investigations and remediation of data validation errors and rejection reports;
- Daily reconciliation of EMIR cleared OTC reporting being undertaken by clearing brokers under a delegated reporting mandate;
- Daily two way reconciliation of MIFIR transaction reporting;
- Liaison with the transaction reporting team in Singapore to ensure the Company is reporting globally as one;
- Write and maintain procedures ensuring that they are updated as required;
- Contribute to the management information and key performance indicators senior management need;
Process improvement and innovation:
- Maximise operational efficiency and timeliness to market whilst reducing risk through continuous improvement and new ways of working.
- Help design and implement updates or enhancements to processes and systems.
- Demonstrate an innovative mindset by generating ideas to leverage technology to improve processes and efficiencies. Considered approach of using technology to solve live issues.
Issue and error management:
- Identify issues and triage them, ensuring controls are adhered to and exceptions are resolved effectively.
- Focus on a solution orientated approach to resolve challenges and issues in the team.
- Appropriately support, communicate and manage stakeholders effectively.
- Work with a range of business areas to co-ordinate production.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure their requirements are understood and delivered as applicable.
- Respond to queries and proactively follow up on requests in a timely manner to prevent escalation to management.
- Be a delegate for the team manager as necessary, and confidently liaise with senior stakeholders in this role.
Lead by example:
- Be a role model for the team in process best practice in all areas of Regulatory Reporting including time management, prioritisation, collaboration, stakeholder management, ownership & accountability and innovation mindset.
- Expect to train and develop more junior reporting specialists in the team.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Have an understanding of operational processes within an Asset Manager;
- Must understand the need for a strong control focus and play an active role in suggesting day to day improvements to procedures;
- As part of the duties, will be required to make routine judgements in uncontentious situations, but would be expected to seek assistance for anything complex or out of the ordinary; and
- Numerical skills and the ability to monitor and produce high quality MIS, and naturally perform root cause analysis.
- Solid experience of Microsoft applications, required within the role.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Asset Management qualifications i.e. IOC or IMC;
- Experience of working with regulatory transaction reporting; and
- Wider experience in Asset Management and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle, particularly derivative trades.
What you'll be like
- Good management skills with the ability to develop people;
- Good at analysing and solving problems with a strong attention to detail;
- Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks and delegate appropriately;
- Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement;
- A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments;
- Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team;
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills; and
- Focused on regulatory reporting delivery.
We recognise potential, whoever you are
Our purpose is to provide excellent investment performance to clients through active management. Diversity of thought facilitated by an inclusive culture will allow us to make better decisions and better achieve our purpose. This is why inclusion and diversity are a strategic priority for us and why we are an equal opportunities employer: you are welcome here regardless of your age, disability, gender identity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, socio-economic background or any other protected characteristics