The FinOps Financial Analyst will be responsible for managing financial aspects of cloud operations, and more broadly across the technology stacks, including analysing cost data, identifying efficiency opportunities, and collaborating with teams to ensure cost-efficient use of resources. Ensuring that forecasts are accurate, up-to-date, and that spending is in line with forecasts. In addition, ensuring that costs resulting from projects and/or cost savings are appropriately budgeted in the financial year.
The role also consists of providing financial detail to business stakeholders, responsible for the creation and management of dashboards and reporting covering cost management, cost optimisation recommendations and liaising with stakeholders to maximise reductions in the overall business cost base.
What You Will Do
- Deep-dive cost management of all existing suppliers by product and customer.• Build structure to track costs and savings across spend categories, including costs associated to new revenue.• Develop savings initiatives, report savings targets and track progress of initiatives.• Actively manage and review large spend pools to identify savings opportunities.• Track progress of initiatives and report update to team leads.• Deliver timely, accurate, financial analysis, invoice management and reconciliations for key vendors.• Key contract understanding - commercial terms, tracking invoices and billing reports against planned spend.• Supporting the FinOps Lead with forecast and budget management.• Financial analysis of cloud computing spend.• Examine spending trends, and opportunities for savings, and advise with specific recommendations for improvement.• Manage reconciliations to deliver a consistently predictable and repeatable process.• Monitor the day-to-day processes including alignment with the data, operations, and budgets.• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with key vendors.• Support internal and external audits.
What You Will Have
- Thorough understanding of billing, POs, GRNs, credit notes, journals, and accruals.• Financial analysis experience.• Purchase order management experience.• Account reconciliation experience.• Good numerical understanding, strong Excel skills and detail-oriented.• Stakeholder management experience. • Creative problem solver as well as a proactive team player.• Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.• Ability to work with both technology and subject matter experts in the business.
What We Do For You
Wellbeing focused - Our people are our greatest assets, and ensuring everyone feels their best self to come to work is integral
- Annual Leave - 25 days of annual leave, plus public holidays and the ability to buy additional days
- Employee Assistance Programme - Free advice, support, and confidential counselling available 24/7 through Care First
- Endometriosis Friendly Employer - We are proud to confirm our commitment to developing an environment and culture that allows those with endometriosis to thrive in the workplace
Personal Growth - Regardless of where you are at in your career, we're committed to enabling your growth personally and professionally
- Development Programmes - From Future Managers to Leadership Training, our development programmes help you get where you need to go
- Performance Bonus - Our Group-wide bonus scheme enables you to reap the rewards of your success
Financial wellbeing - We understand as well as your mental wellbeing, your financial wellbeing is really important
- Pension Scheme - Our plan with Scottish Widows offers 5% matched contribution by the company
- Income protection insurance - Providing you with support and assistance when you need it most
Recognition - Highlighting and rewarding the great work our people do
- Values Awards - Our quarterly employee-driven initiative to highlight and reward the people in the organisation who embody our values the most
- Clear Review - Our own technology platform that allows you to get real-time feedback, conversations and goals to help you become your best self
Making a Difference - we provide opportunities to help our people make a difference to the causes they care about
- MatchIt! - Fundraise for a cause close to your heart and Advanced will match part of the funding
- Volunteering Time - Our volunteering leave scheme allows you to use your time to help those who need it
- Pennies from Heaven - donate the pennies from your pay check to help make a difference without lifting a finger
Who We Are
We are one the UK's largest tech companies, and our products sit at the heart of some of the country's best-known businesses. We've grown phenomenally quickly with a £275m turnover and 2,800 employees supporting over 25,000 customers. We hire for potential. We want to make sure we have the best people for the job and provide genuinely equal opportunities for our people to thrive. Our recruitment process is designed with inclusion and equity at its core.
Find out more about the next steps once you've applied here - careers.oneadvanced.com/how-we-hire