About the role...
Are you a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) looking for your next challenge? Do you love finding solutions to clients' problems and adding value to their business? We have an exciting new role within our growing Outsourced Business Services team that could be your perfect fit.
Day to day you'll be working with a huge variety of clients, from entrepreneurial, owner-managed businesses through to internationally listed groups. You'll have access to the largest entrepreneurial client base in the Midlands, spread across every sector, making a genuine impact on their success.
We offer an end-to-end process to our clients, acting as a fully outsourced finance team for some, whist taking the pain out of their compliance needs for others. Not to mention a growing number of exciting projects that you'll be able to get stuck into and develop your skill set and expertise, including:
- Managing a portfolio of client work, which can be as varied as you like! We will work with you to ensure your skillset is maximised and continuously added to
- Reviewing single entity accounts for growing entrepreneurial businesses
- Reviewing and supporting on various projects such as implementation of a new accounting system or software integration, working with the key stakeholders of a business to improve their management information and even acting as a financial controller (and eventually director) for our clients who need a fully outsourced finance team solution
- Supporting more junior members of the with daily development and coaching of the team
- Project managing a slick and efficient process from start to finish, keeping both the client and various internal teams happy, including working capital management
By joining us you will be working with a team and company that inspires you and be given an active opportunity to shape the future of our company and encouraged to be innovative.
You will need to be ACA/ACCA or equivalent qualified. But above all, you will need to be passionate about client experience, constantly looking for ways to add more value to our clients. Ideally, you will have:
- Excellent project management, client portfolio management and time management skills, to project manage a portfolio of clients to precise deadlines
- Have experience working in a practice environment, with exposure to management accounts, statutory accounts and VAT return preparation
- Experience using a range of accounting software, notably Xero, Sage or QBO
- Ability to build strong client relationships and deliver an outstanding client experience
- Ability to coach more junior team members and delegate effectively when needed
- Umpf! A genuine passion and drive for "getting stuff done", someone with excellent project management and communications skills
- Have a "play all in" team spirit to support the wider department, with the ability to coach more junior team members and delegate effectively when needed
- Have a hunger for continuous improvement and a curiosity for finding the best way of doing things!
We're no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers. And this means we don't give ordinary advice. We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more.
We're straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what's made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue.
Over the last couple years alone, we have achieved some fantastic feats:
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards
- Achieved 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Recently became B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
What's in it for you...
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that's why we offer things like:
- Supported development with tailored training to help you learn and progress
- A truly flexible approach to hybrid working
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities' employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
A note for Recruitment Agencies...
Agencies, we love you... but unsolicited CV's will not be honoured. We will only accept CV submissions for roles briefed to you by our Talent Acquisition team.
If you would be interested in working with us - please send a message to a member of our Talent Acquisition team, should we have anything we need additional support on we will reach out to you.