Global publicly traded manufacturing company headquartered in Europe, with a global footprint and operating across a broad range of markets. (Remote - Europe)Your role as Global Commercial Finance Director;
You will be joining the Global Finance Team, reporting to the Finance Director of a global business. You manage 2 direct reports and collaborate across a global matrix organization with senior stakeholders.
You drive financial performance and profitability in the global Commercial function, focusing on topline, margin and pricing for sustainable revenue growth across a broad range of market segments and product ranges.
Serve as the Finance Business Partner to Global Commercial Directors, overseeing a considerable revenue across many countries all over the world.This pivotal role offers significant responsibility and visibility within the global commercial organization and to top management. You'll closely collaborate with the commercial team, influencing and aiding in understanding, challenging and improving their commercial results. Guide them in budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning, ensuring focus on the right data and customer impact. A strong emphasis on being data-driven and possessing a deep understanding of data is crucial for effective influence.We seek a seasoned Commercial Finance Director, requiring international experience, a commercial mindset, and a strong global reach. Ideally, someone with a background in manufacturing, unafraid of discussions and board presentations, proficient in explaining numbers. We value eagerness, proactivity, independent-, creative- and flexible thinking, as well as a willingness to roll up your sleeves.
While it's a home-based role, travel capability is essential.
What you need to do:
• Formulate and implement financial strategies for business units’ commercial objectives and long-term growth;
• Collaborate with the Commercial Leadership team to align financial goals with overall business goals;
• Pull together the annual Strategic Growth Plan, by interfacing with a broad range of market segment leaders.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
• Lead yearly Commercial budgeting with leaders to develop detailed financial plans;
• Develop rolling forecasts to provide future insights and make necessary adjustments as needed;
• Advise and proactively support segment leaders in achieving commercial and financial goals.
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
• Offer financial insights for decision-making, covering pricing, product development, working capital, and market expansion;
• Evaluate business unit’s financial health, pinpoint risks and opportunities, and propose actions;
• Oversee and assess financial performance in diverse regions and market segments;
• Develop and implement strategies to optimize commercial performance and improve profitability;
• Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, by influencing a broad range of functional leaders;
• Communicate financial results to the executive team and Commercial leadership team;
• Own and drive the management of accounts receivable across the global business, optimizing the working capital position.
• Proactively work with Commercial Leaders across global market segments and regional teams, and implement best practices and consistency of application;
• Supports the New Product Development process;
• Proactively anticipates business needs by adopting a mindset curious to understand business needs;
• Alerts leaders in advance about alternate scenarios and explores possibilities;
• Influences and negotiates with business leaders.
• Lead and develop a finance team responsible for financial planning, analysis, and reporting;
• Provide guidance and mentorship to team members, fostering a culture of continuous improvement;
• Act as a liaison between the finance department and the Commercial function.What you need to bring:
• Proven experience in a similar commercial finance role, preferably in a manufacturing organization;
• Education in Finance, accounting; advanced degree and professional certifications e.g., CPA;
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in commercial finance, FP&A, accounting;
• At least 5 years in a leadership role overseeing commercial finance processes internationally;
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial regulations, and internal control frameworks;
• Proven track record of implementing and managing FP&A processes in a complex organization;
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills;
• Strong leadership and communication abilities, with the ability to effectively collaborate with and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
• Experience with ERP systems and data analytics tools is a plus;
• Excellent leadership and communication skills;
• Ability to work in a matrix structure.Why would you work for us?
• A challenging role with strong career growth in a global company;
• Attractive remuneration package;
• Interesting bonus scheme;
• Remote working policy;How to apply:
If you are interested and you meet all the above requirements please send your English resume via the apply button to VITRU, The European Executive Recruitment Firm. For more information about this position, please contact Guy Laeven at VITRU via +31 6 19 79 80 68 (www.vitru-hr.com)