Senior Shared Expense Business Partner
Job Type: Permanent
Opportunity Overview: A fantastic opportunity has become available to join a UK leading specialty insurance and reinsurance company, Aspen, as a Senior Shared Expense Business Partner.
Role Objective: Partner with client groups from across Corporate Functions and/or Business Segments and acting as the subject matter expert informing, advising and influencing clients on planning, reporting, and analysing the operating expense base, and to generate shareholder value through a focus on expense reduction and control within their
aligned client groups.
* Responsible for monthly presentation of Budget versus Actual packs, business planning and reforecasting activities relating to specific
functional areas, and presenting to ExCo stakeholders.
* Work collaboratively with cost centre managers, ExCo stakeholders and
colleagues in the segment and platform teams, as well as with Group
and Entity Finance functions, to develop business plans and improve the
reporting of actuals relating to expenses.
* Highlight trends and risks in expenses against budget and ensure that
appropriate controls are in place to eliminate excessive, wasteful or
inappropriate spending and challenge overruns by the business.
* Focus on continuous improvement to align and enhance global expense
planning, processing and reporting to create consistency across the
* Support cost centre managers with business planning and allocations,
and responsible for collating and capturing expense plans, enter data
into the system accurately and on time in order provide relevant reports
and analysis insights.
* Working with cost centre managers, monitor global actuals, including
monthly variances against plan, to ensure accuracy of results reported
and deliver reports and analysis in a timely manner.
* Act as the subject matter expert for Group function expenses
* Accountable for reporting and analysis of global expenses and FTE
positions for specific client groups, including budget, actual and
reforecast including commentary for management reports and other ad
* Manage all aspects of the global expense business planning process for
the client groups, working collaboratively with other workstreams, to
update allocations model, manage the expense model, and provide
relevant reports and analysis insights.
* Previous experience in the Insurance/financial services industry
* Ability to think and plan strategically to add value to the expense reporting process across a global business.
* Professional accounting qualification (ACA,
* Excellent analytical and reporting skills with a strong attention to detail
* Ability to build strong business relationships across a global business
* Proven planning and organisation skills
* Ability to effectively manage workload and prioritise tasks to complete within a given time frame
* Advanced written and verbal communication skills
* Very strong Excel skills (Sumif, vlookup, Index Match, vba exposure)
* Expense accounting experience
* Business partnering experience working with senior stakeholders
Don't hesitate and miss out!