Investment Associate, Global Health Investing
London, 22 Bishopsgate - Hybrid
At AXA IM our purpose, to act for human progress by investing for what matters, is central to every action we take as a business. As a responsible asset manager, we actively invest for the long-term to help our clients, our people and the world to prosper.
As a future Investment Associate, Global Health Investing, you will report to the Partner, Global Health Private Equity, and you will be part of AXA IM Alts - Impact Private Equity Healthcare.
DISCOVER your opportunity
The objectives of the Investment Associate, Global Health Investing role are:
- Support the global health private equity investment strategy
- Transaction diligence, modelling, execution and monitoring
- Build relationships with co-investors, entrepreneurs and strategics to access deal flow, help with deal execution and drive exits
- Model the impact generated through investments
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Deal Execution
- Support the execution of direct investments in global health companies
- Due diligence, investment analysis and financial modelling for fund, pipeline and portfolio companies
- Leverage the existing manager relationships to build a co-investment universe
- Analyse the fund and company exposure to-date as an input to sourcing
- Help find, screen and rank the pipeline opportunities
- Investing Team
- Support the team in sourcing, meeting management, due diligence, database maintenance, valuation exercises, reporting, analysis and investment recommendations
- Work with team to manage portfolio through internal analysis and working relationships with portfolio companies
- External Stakeholder Management
- Interface with third party service providers relating to due diligence and deal execution
- Internal Stakeholder Management
- Liaise with all internal stakeholders including risk, compliance, legal, operations, audit and build effective working relationships and processes to ensure efficient execution
- Project Management
- Assist in co-ordinating projects in the impact investing team including new product development; process improvement; system implementation; portfolio management; reporting
- Extract impact data from transactions and build a methodology to report
SHARE your unique expertise
We welcome different combinations of skills & experiences.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Private Equity/Venture Capital/Investment analyst or associate
- Track record of supporting private equity deals from sourcing, performing due diligence and structuring through to execution
- Experience at building sophisticated financial models and valuation techniques is advantageous
- Previous experience in the impact investment sector is preferable
- Emerging market experience is preferable
- Familiarity with medical device/pharmaceutical/vaccine clinical and regulatory pathways
- Comfort with life sciences
- Ability to bring new ideas to the investment process
- Entrepreneurial attitude and highly motivated individual
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with interest and ability to travel to meetings and conferences
- Self-starter with the ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple projects effectively
- Highly numerical and analytical
- Sufficient experience in private equity, venture capital, investment banking, consulting, technology transfer and relevant scientific University degree and preferably with a PhD or medical degree.
We would love to know more about you. Let's connect! Send us your resume. About AXA
The AXA Group is a global leader in insurance and asset management, with 160,000 employees serving 105 million customers in 62 countries.
We protect and advise our clients at every stage of their lives, offering products and services that meet their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, savings and asset management.
Our mission : To act for human progress by protecting what matters
Our values : Customer first, Integrity, Courage and One AXA About the Entity
At AXA IM we are investing with a clear purpose - to make the world a better place. We act for human progress by investing for what matters. Our conviction-led approach enables us to uncover what we believe to be the best global investment opportunities across alternative and core asset classes. We are already entrusted by our clients with more than €887 billion in assets.
AXA Investment Managers | Home | AXA IM Corporate (axa-im.com)
AXA IM is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates with disabilities or any other protected characteristic to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities, when needed, to apply for a position or to perform essential job functions.
Inclusion and Diversity | Careers | AXA IM Corporate (axa-im.com) What We Offer
We are committed to offer you an environment where you can: Grow your potential
: Be part of a forward-thinking business with internal opportunities and personalized learning paths available to help constantly develop your skills and abilities . Shape the way you work
: Work for a company which is highly committed to providing flexibility & balance to its employees, offering you a large range of benefits (hybrid working, competitive health benefits, among many others.). Thrive within a diverse community
: Play a role within a responsible company that actively recognizes and values individual differences in a diverse and inclusive workforce. Move the world forward
: Join a responsible employer that acts in favor of societal and environmental causes as an investor, insurer and company, notably through the AXA Heart in Action association. As part of our commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility, we will celebrate your arrival by planting a tree.