BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as the last line of accuracy assurance for client reports. Conducts a thorough quality review of basic client reports to ensure all information in the policy is accurately reflected in the profile.
- Prepares clients for entering new accounts by explaining and articulating the level of documentation required, regulations, complexities in the market and market expectations.
- Reviews complex client reports to ensure all information in the policy is accurately reflected in the profile.
- Populates risk profiles for clients that have global requirements. Gathers additional information from independent research, online tools or directly from the relationship manager or client.
- Maintains a current understanding of global issues, risks and events that could affect a client's risk level. Identifies and updates profiles when appropriate.
- Conducts QSS real time scans to check information in the client profile and verify ownership against the Choice Point database.
- Review documents and coordinate with all internal support groups, business managers, and external parties to ensure documents meet certain compliance requirements
- No direct reports; may provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Contributes to the achievement of team goals.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 years of total work experience preferred; experience in trading, brokerage, fraud or law preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.