Role OverviewAssistant Management AccountantPermanent RoleSkyways Hub, Speke, LiverpoolCompetitive Salary + BenefitsRole overview
Here at Yodel we deliver more than just parcels we deliver a great experience and that applies to your career too. We are recruiting a resilient Management Accounts Assistant to join our friendly Finance team on a permanent, full-time basis, based in our new Head Office in Speke, Liverpool. The key purpose of this role is to provide support to the Management Accounts Team.What you'll be doing
As a Management Accounts Assistant at Yodel you will work with the team to ensure accuracy of the general ledger to provide accurate internal and external reporting. As well as accounting checks and balances this will involve auditing and improving processes and controls and high-quality business analysis to assist in understanding financial performance and key trends.
In addition to this you will also be responsible for the day to day duties below:
What you need to show us
- Support the provision of a full financial control service to the business.
- Preparation of month end results, along with analysis of variances to weekly reporting and expectations.
- Analysis and understanding of capital projects, including transfer to and maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Assist in the provision of a financial decision support service in evaluating and analysing business performance across a range of areas and initiatives.
- Contribute to oversight of adherence to Yodel financial policies and procedures, maintaining robust financial and cash control and governance e.g. Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Provide relevant, timely and insightful periodic and ad-hoc reporting to enable the senior management team to understand commercial performance against key levers and KPIs.
- Work with business partners to support the preparation and analysis of plans and forecasts.
- Pro-actively investigate variances in expected financial performance compared to expectations, to identify the root cause and pro-actively inform and, as necessary lead in taking corrective action.
- Contribute to the completion of regulatory and statutory returns for the business e.g. VAT returns, ONS returns, statutory accounts etc.
- Provide information required for the completion of corporation tax returns.
- Work on ad hoc projects as and when needs arise
The successful Management Accounts Assistant will have excellent verbal/written communication skills with an attention to detail. The key skill to this role is having a pragmatic, proactive and flexible approach to problem solving within a constructive and effective manner. You will have great time management skills, and a methodical approach, with the ability to prioritise tasks in a fast-paced changing environment. In addition, you will need to demonstrate the below skills/experience:
Why work with us
- You will be Part-qualified, experienced or trainee,
- A good relationship builder,
- Able to support and challenge colleagues from different functions in a constructive and effective manner.
- Interpretation of financial and commercial data, market trends and client/customer demands and expectations.
- Utilise data/information to help to identify and forecast trends and contribute to an understanding of the impact, opportunities, costs and risks to the business.
- Ability to assist in the management of issues with political sensitivity in relation to internal stakeholders.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Experience of using an accounting control system, such as UNIT 4, SAP, Sage or Oracle
- Use of Teradata or Tableau reporting systems is desirable, although not essential
This is a brilliant opportunity for a self-motivated and diligent individual that is looking to develop their skills and experience within a busy Finance team. This role will be flexible working, including at least 2 days in the new Head Office in Speke per week, and the remainder of days working from home. The successful candidate will receive the following great benefits:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Mixture of office and home working
- Business casual dress code
- Free personal & professional development courses
- Pension Scheme via Scottish Widows
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Partner discounts, e.g Nuffield Health, Leicester Tigers, Laithwaite's Wine
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Access to Aviva DigiCare + Workplace
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
- Free parking
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24-hour employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.