Hays Senior Finance are partnering exclusively with Paxton & Whitfield an artisan cheese company that was established in 1797 as a partnership, but its origins began in 1742 when Stephen Cullum set up a cheese stall in Aldwych market. By 1850, it had become the official cheesemonger to HM Queen Victoria.
The company has been granted a Royal Warrant of Appointment by every subsequent monarch and has always been committed to sourcing responsibly and supporting small suppliers of high-quality goods.
Today, Paxton & Whitfield continues to provide exceptional artisan cheese, fine food accompaniments, homewares and cheese experiences through its four immersive UK retail stores, its rapidly expanding online business, and its trade sales, all with an unparalleled level of passion and expertise. This role will be based out of their Cotswolds based head office in Bourton on the Water.
Responsible for the management and delivery of all finance functions, including the preparation of statutory and management accounts, tax & payroll. Working alongside the MD, the role will contribute to the overall business strategy and is directly accountable for the creation and delivery of the associated budgets & delivery of the business's financial strategy.
The role also has significant operational responsibilities that include property, insurance, and IT. The role has a direct budgetary responsibility for overhead suppliers, as well as being responsible for all financial regulatory processes and procedures, including GDPR and PCI.
What you will need to succeed
- You will be a CIMA, ACA, ACCA Qualified Accountant OR QBE with strong technical accounting skills ideally gained within a progressive, fast-paced business. Would also consider a candidate who is making their first move out of practice.
- Experience of managing teams in an SME environment
- Advanced Microsoft excel skills.
- Robust and disciplined to meet deadlines while maintaining controls.
- Passionate and collaborative attitude.
- Can do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile.
What you will get in return
You will be working for a business that is rich in history, who see all their employees as custodians of the business. This is growing that is open to new ideas, whether that be processes and procedures or new market opportunities, you can make a real difference. Offering a competitive package and a role that you can make your own.