Department: Wholesale Banking Trade Ops
Location : Delhi
Qualification - Post Graduate, B.Com, Finance GraduateRoles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for operational performance, service quality & control environment of the unit. Manage a critical banking operations unit within Trade Finance, approx. 50+ team
- Operating within Budget / Cost sanctioned
- Handled multiple products within Trade Finance Operations like Letters of Credit, Bank Guarantees, Documents under LCs, Collection Documents, Export Pre Shipment / Post shipment, Import Remittances, A2 Remittances, Inward Remittances, Local Bill Discounting, Capital A/c Transactions etc.
- Adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) : Ensure adequate and efficient processing pertaining to various client segments, resolving queries if any on timely basis. Enabling teams to meet Turnaround Time (TATs) as agreed with stakeholders.
- Ensure processing as per Delegation of Authority (DOP) and making the teams aware about the delegation of authority from time to time.
- Ensure error free processing and Nil Operation Loss.
- Stakeholder Management -Ability to interact and build strong internal relationships, with significant stakeholders, business heads and important customer interfaces to understand their needs and proactively be able to position the unit
- Deliveries as per Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) - Lead and deliver the KPIs, focus on ensuring service delivery across client segments, processing according to the prescribed standards & complying with policies and standard operating procedures(SOPs). Timely review and updating of SOPs and coordination for sign offs with relevant stakeholders.
- Risk & Controls - Identifying of risks and ensure existence of adequate and robust processes and controls (automated / manual) and timely review of processes and controls at frequent intervals to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations. Ensure effective risk control metrics are in place and carrying out sample checks based on the risk register designed.
- Housekeeping & MIS - Effectively monitoring and tracking of entries in office accounts / nostro reconciliation and timely closure of the same. Monitor and assess operations by reviewing daily exception reports / MIS and discussing significant matters with Head of the Department.
- Audit & Compliance - Ability to handle multiple audits at any given point of time. Ability to handle internal, statutory, concurrent, regulatory audits & ensuring timely & final closure of audit observations & reports by active engagement with the audit teams
- Regulatory Reporting - Ensuring timeliness and accuracy in regulatory submissions.
- Process Re-engineering- Ensure system and quality enhancements by monitoring the respective activities and processes implemented and by keeping abreast with new methods & practices. Frequently reviewing processes and identifying gaps thereby bringing in operational efficiency. Ability to single handedly drive projects as per agreed timelines. Ability to work on end to end solution for end customers.
Training & Competence Building - Build deep capability around the team and training the teams from time to time and facilitating cross skilling within the department, thereby improving the learning curve of the teams at large. Ensuring job rotations within the teams, thereby encouraging teams to take up new assignments. Building a strong second in line. Nominating teams for external trainings in the overall interest of the department. ]]>