Income Officer up to £30,233.22 per annum37 Hours/ Permanent BasisLocation - Office NEW YEAR......NEW CAREER!
Are you looking for a new challenge?
It is not necessary to have experience of rent collection, as full training will be given to the right person.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and target driven individual to join our busy Income Management Team. The primary focus of this role will be to recover monies owed to Community Gateway, whilst doing everything possible to ensure our customers are not financially excluded.
This demanding post offers an excellent opportunity to play a key role in ensuring income is maximised for both Community Gateway and our customers.
Applicants will need to evidence the ability to influence internal and external customers, have excellent interpersonal and team working skills, and will have previously worked in a target driven environment.
Occasional evening and weekend work is a requirement of this post. Access to a car, business insurance cover and a full driving licence are essential. A disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be requested for this post.What will you be doing in this role?
Why are you the best person for us?The main things:
- Manage a portfolio of rent accounts, ensuring a proactive approach is adopted to reduce arrears
- Communicate with customers face to face, by phone and in writing offering support and making arrangements for the repayment of debts owed to the Association
- Offer advice and assistance about rent related benefits as well as signposting customers to support with income maximisation and other support
It would be great if you also had:
- We are looking for a self-motivated, performance driven individual who is resilient, well organised and able to handle both challenging and sensitive conversations with customers.
- This role is suited to someone who can understand our customers and their circumstances, someone who isn't afraid to ask questions, and through professional curiosity, can get to the underlying issues, someone who will make our customers feel supported and work with them to find solutions to their debt issues.
- Experience of recovering debt
- A good working understanding of the benefits system (Housing Benefit, Universal Credit)
Although desirable, this experience is not essential as full training will be given to the right candidateWhy work with Community Gateway?
We aim to make our employee experience second to none and our benefits package reflects how we much we value our colleagues. We offer a variety of benefits including a company-paid health cash plan, a generous holiday entitlement, free hot drinks, free parking, Christmas shutdown (in addition to your hols!), your birthday off... plus much more! More information about our T&Cs and our benefits are attached to this advert.An important bit!
Inclusion is key for us. We would love to hear from people from diverse backgrounds for this role, and second languages come in handy. For more information about our approach to diversity in recruitment click here:
This role has the opportunity to work both from our gorgeous dock-front offices and at home. You will generally expected to be in the office at least 60% of the time, with flexibility given to accommodate business and personal needs.Dates for your diary:
The closing date for this advert is Friday 18th February 2024
with interviews expected to be held Thursday 22nd February 2024A bit more about us:
Community Gateway own and manage over 6500 homes across the city of Preston, but we are so much more than just a landlord. We aim to create vibrant, friendly and diverse communities where people want to live, work and play and are part way through our ambitious 5-year plan focusing on evolving, investing, and supporting colleagues, customers and our communities.
We employ passionate and talented people.... could you be the perfect fit for us?