Role: Payroll ManagerHours:
Monday Friday 8:30am 17:00pm
Up to £31,000 Depending on experience
Hardwicke, GL2 4PH Due to the nature of this role you be required to spend 3-4 days in our offices in Hardwicke.
At Gardiner Bros & Co we offer you the opportunity to join a growing family-run business that understands how we treat people matters. We arent just saying this, it is reflected in the retention of our team with 22.5% of them being with us for over 5 years and 3.5% over 20 years plus across both our Warehouse and offices.
Over the last 5 years, we have seen the company double in size, partnering with some exciting new brands, such as High-Tech, Crocs, Toms, Superga and well-known retailers from the likes of Next, Screwfix and B&Q. Accordingly, we have acquired an additional 2 Warehouses giving us an extra 170,000 Square feet of warehouse distribution & office space.
We are seeking an individual who is eager to grow and advance their career within a growing company. As a Payroll Manager, you will be an integral part of the team, contributing to the success of our payroll process.What are we looking for in a Payroll Manager?
Due to the nature of our payroll process, we are looking for someone with a working experience of the full payroll process, from new starter, leaver and everything in-between.
The current employee numbers are 320 total and there are 3 monthly payrolls covering hourly and salaried employees.
What are we looking for in a Payroll Manager?
- Processing payroll using Sage Payroll to agreed monthly timescales.
- Ensuring that correct pay rates are used and are compliant with Government regulations.
- Processing starters and leavers, implementing tax code amendments, student loans, statutory payments, attachments, pension contributions, vouchers and other relevant in year forms or schemes.
- Resolving payroll queries, liaising with internal staff, managers as well as external bodies.
- Producing internal reports, P45s, P32s, reconciliation of RTI submissions.
- Processing & reconciling payroll year end & distribution of P60s.
- Calculating and producing P11Ds annually.
- Calculating holiday entitlements and payments for zero hour employees.
- Collating payroll data from department managers and HR, entering data to Sage Payroll.
- Producing internal reports as requested by employees or managers.
- Administration of Salary Sacrifice pension
We process our payroll in SAGE payroll, and we are looking for a Payroll Manager who is comfortable solely managing the payroll function and completing the administration as well
What We Offer
- Ability to work accurately to deadlines & good attention to detail.
- Knowledge of payroll process & government legislation.
- Ability to explain financial information in a clear way.
- Demonstrate good team working skills, organising own time & working independently.
- Good Excel & Word skills.
- Understanding and able to demonstrate the requirement for confidentiality and discretion.
- Someone who has experience of working with or implementing a time and attendance system would be highly beneficial.
- Experience of working with Xerox would also be beneficial for the team.
In return for your dedication and enthusiasm, we offer:
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Generous discounts on our products
- Exceptional opportunities for career advancement
- Casual dress code within the office
- Exposure to renowned brands like Skechers, Crocs, Puma, Dickies, Hush Puppies, and more.
- A positive and inclusive work environment that supports hybrid working.
If you're ready to embark on a fulfilling career journey and contribute to the success of Gardiner Bros & Co, apply today! Join our friendly team and be part of our exciting growth story.