Wincanton are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Service Improvement Manager to join our dynamic team in the Logistics and Supply Chain industry. As the Service Improvement Manager, you will be responsible for driving continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our service delivery. You will work closely with various stakeholders across the organisation to identify opportunities for improvement and implement strategic solutions. The ideal candidate is a problem-solver with a strong analytical mindset and excellent leadership skills.
As the Service Improvement Manager, you will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with various stakeholders, including HR, finance, and legal teams, to develop and implement effective payroll processes. You will be responsible for conducting regular audits, identifying and mitigating potential risks, and ensuring adherence to relevant regulations and policies.
This role offers significant growth opportunities, allowing you to expand your expertise in payroll and Service Improvement. You will have the chance to make a direct impact on our organisation's success, as well as contribute to the development of best practices in payroll controls and compliance. Join us at Wincanton and be part of a dynamic team that values innovation and excellence.
This role is predominately homebased with the requirement to travel to meetings approximately once a month.
How will you contribute?
- Develop and implement service improvement strategies, policies, and procedures to continually improve the operational payroll processes and governance
- Conduct regular audits and analysis of service delivery processes to identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement process enhancements.
- Work closely with the CI team to ensure consistency in practice across Wincanton.
- Lead and facilitate continuous improvement projects, ensuring deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Train and mentor staff on best practices for service delivery and quality assurance
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators (KPIs), identifying trends and making recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders, such as clients and suppliers.
- Collaborate with the IT department to leverage technology for process automation and efficiency gains.
- Conduct regular reviews of customer feedback and develop action plans to address any areas of concern.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in service improvement methodologies.
- Manage a best practice lead to support in enacting the above activities and programs of work.
What will you bring?
- You should be able to develop, implement, and maintain effective payroll control policies and procedures.
- You must possess strong analytical skills to identify potential risks and recommend corrective actions.
- You should have experience in conducting internal audits and assessments to ensure compliance with payroll regulations.
- You must be adept at monitoring and analyzing payroll data for accuracy and identifying any discrepancies or anomalies.
- You should have the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance payroll processes and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- You must be capable of providing guidance and support to payroll staff on compliance-related matters.
- You should stay up to date with relevant laws, regulations, and industry best practices to ensure our payroll processes remain compliant
- Proven experience in service improvement or process optimization, preferably in the logistics or supply chain industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess complex situations and develop creative solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Solid project management skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Proficient in the use of data analysis tools and techniques
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and/or other process improvement methodologies
- Results-oriented mindset, with a track record of delivering measurable improvements in service delivery
- Experience working with Oracle would be desirable
What do we offer?
Our Culture & Benefits
In addition to agenerous salary, we really value our people and offer a friendly, safety-first working environment, along with other benefits including company pension scheme, generous holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits include, online discount platform, onsite parking and much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makesWincantongreat. Thats why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Be a part of our values; Excellence, Integrity, Passion, Proactivity, Togetherness & Trust.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. We want to create an environment where all colleagues feel safe, supported and valued, whilst feeling they can be their whole selves within our workplaces. We are proud that our colleagues represent us and our successes. Attracting diverse teams, we believe in creating an inclusive, respectful organisational culture for our colleagues and future talent.
Find out more:Wincanton champions a diverse workforce