Wincanton re seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Payroll Best Practice Lead to join our dynamic team in the Logistics and Supply Chain industry. As a Payroll Best Practice Lead, you will be responsible for overseeing and implementing best practices related to payroll processes and procedures.
Your role will involve analysing current payroll systems, identifying areas for improvement, and developing strategies to enhance efficiency and accuracy. You will also collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with payroll regulations and provide guidance and training to payroll staff.
The successful candidate will possess a strong understanding of payroll best practices, exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation. If you are detail-oriented, have a passion for process improvement, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
This role is predominately homebased with the need to travel to meetings approximately once a month.
How will you contribute?
- Analyse current payroll processes and systems to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement best practices related to payroll processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with payroll regulations and company policies.
- Work directly with Payroll Managers to ensure the payroll team are executing payroll processes accurately and on time.
- Provide guidance and support to the payroll team, including training and development opportunities.
- Stay up to date with evolving payroll regulations and industry trends to ensure compliance and best practices.
What will you bring?
- In-depth knowledge of payroll regulations and best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in payroll software and systems
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with integrity and professionalism.
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Certification in Payroll (e.g., CPP) is a beneficial.
What do we offer?
Our Culture & Benefits
In addition to agenerous salary, we really value our people and offer a friendly, safety-first working environment, along with other benefits including company pension scheme, generous holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits include, online discount platform, onsite parking and much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makesWincantongreat. Thats why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Be a part of our values; Excellence, Integrity, Passion, Proactivity, Togetherness & Trust.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. We want to create an environment where all colleagues feel safe, supported and valued, whilst feeling they can be their whole selves within our workplaces. We are proud that our colleagues represent us and our successes. Attracting diverse teams, we believe in creating an inclusive, respectful organisational culture for our colleagues and future talent.
Find out more:Wincanton champions a diverse workforce