Management Accountant£45,000 per annumLong Stratton, Norwich, NorfolkPermanent,Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity to utilise your learned skills and experience to help shape and influence a growing house builder who are currently embarking on the journey of expansion. The role of Management Accountant will be an integral part of the Crocus Homes finance function, supporting the Director of Finance in delivering high quality management information to Directors, Board, and parent company, in a timely and accurate manner.
This role is fundamental to achieving sustained growth whilst meeting all of Crocus internal performance indicators, by overseeing day to day financial processes and reporting financial information to the Directors and Board.Key responsibilities include:
- To prepare end to end monthly management accounts and reports to key stakeholders including Profit and Loss, Cost to Complete, Balance Sheet & Cashflow, providing detailed variance analysis on a monthly basis.
- Provide up to date detailed cashflow forecasting to allow directors to allocate resources in the most efficient way to maximise profitability.
- Financial reporting as required by parent company, including Social Housing regulator reporting requirements.
- Provide support and financial insight into the appraisal process of potential new developments.
- Provide support to Director of Finance/ Managing Director in the annual budget setting and business planning process.
Please see the full list of responsibilities on the Role Profile attached. Our ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified (ACA, CIMA, ACCA), part-qualified or qualified by experience.
- Experience of completing Management Accounts / Statutory accounts from start to finish, including accruals/prepayments, posting monthly journals etc.
- Preferably from a commercial housebuilder background.
- Competent financial background, that can break down the barriers between finance and the rest of the organisation, able to speak finance to non-finance minded staff.
- Strong team player and able to work well with the Director of Finance and Managing Director to ensure the accurate completion of the management accounts.
- Ability to use I.T systems particularly Microsoft Excel to manipulate high volumes of data into meaningful information.
- Total commitment to working as part of a team, embedding themselves in the operational and commercial activities of Crocus Homes.
Crocus Homes is a quality-driven, Norfolk based building company who design and build high spec homes whilst creating a sense of place and adding value to the local community. Crocus Homes specialises in homes that provide a modern environment, generous space standards, sit well within the landscape, are highly energy efficient and built using quality materials and components and reflect both the local vernacular and deliver the benefits of modern living.
Crocus Homes have accumulated a substantial land bank to allow organic growth with the medium-term goal being to complete circa 75 homes annually.
At Crocus & Saffron we have a huge commitment to our employees. We want the team at Crocus to be happy, empowered, motivated and feel proud to be part of the Saffron Housing Group community. We know by having great people we can do a great job for our customers.
You will have the freedom to learn and grow. We are passionate about investing in our people, providing them with the skills they need now, and for their future aspirations. We do this by offering a blend of learning opportunities, including our innovative e-learning platform where learning is self-directed allowing people to learn what they want, when they want to.
We work with and support our people to work in an agile way to ensure that have the right work/life balance. They have the choice to work in the office, work from home, coffee shop, park or a combination of all. We have recently refurbished our offices to encourage collaborative, agile working.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and have a zero tolerance policy relating to discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join the Saffron Housing Group community.