We have an exciting opportunity to join our Finance Team in London with a brand new Accounts Payable Team.
This Accounts Payable Clerk will join a newly established AP team located in London. We have opened trading sites in central London, Somerset & Scotland and therefore need to bolster the team and ensure processes are streamlined with a new central AP team What success looks like...
• Calculate, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organisation
• Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures
• Obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments
• Assemble invoices to be completed for payment
• Verify and calculate all extensions and totals on invoices (calculating and taking discounts when applicable)
• Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval
• Check vendor files for any previous payments and assign voucher numbers
• Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files
• Prepare vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item description, amounts and coding per accounting policies and procedures
• Type periodic reports and other records
• Reconcile bank statements for specific trading sites
• If Braemar based, check of hotel cash takings daily and depositing cash to local bank branch
• If Somerset based, travel to trading sites to liaise with operations staff and pick up of invoices
• If London/greater London based, able to come into central London on a weekly basis for invoices or staff office days
Like all roles at Artfarm, you can expect your time at work to be fun, varied and challenging. As well as fulfilling the duties and responsibilities on your job description, we know from experience that jobs can evolve throughout the lifetime of a role and this in turn gives our people the chance to play to their strengths.What makes a brilliant Accounts Payable Assistant?
• Minimum 12 months experience working in AP
• Familiarity with accounting programs and software - Dynamics 365 & Adaco is a plus
• Basic understanding of principles of finance, bookkeeping and accounting
• Ability to process a large volume of invoices and work unsupervised
• Good working knowledge of Excel and Word
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to build relationships at all levels.
• Organised and disciplined approach to workload with attention to detail whilst multitasking
• Positive ’can-do’ attitude
• Keen to develop and willing to learn new tasks/skills
Be yourself! That’s who we’re hiring. Our culture celebrates and supports the differences that makes each of us unique.
We’ve got some core values that run through everything that we do, we’d love it if these values resonate with you too! Sustainability is at the heart of Artfarm and every one of the team has a role to play in protecting our planet.What's in it for you?
- Free annual guest experience for you and a plus one, including 3 course meal, cocktails and a bottle of wine. It’s important we experience the magic too!
- Enhanced family friendly policies, including 12 weeks full pay Maternity leave and 2 weeks full pay Paternity leave. These moments matter!
- Health cash plan - a health benefit which allows you to claim back your everyday medical expenses like Dentists and Prescriptions, so you don’t have to pay a penny!
- Life Assurance
- Generous Artfarm-wide discounts including;
Up to 50% off room booking at the award-winning, The Fife Arms.
Up to 25% off food and beverage across our properties in Somerset, Scottish Highlands, Los Angeles and London
Up to 30% off our fabulous retail products.
What are you waiting for? Join the team now! We can’t wait to hear from you.
- High street discounts off 1000’s retailers through MyArtfarm site and app.
- Amazing socials led by local social committees - bowling, 10k runs or just a cold pint in the pub - there’s something for everyone.
- A unique approach to career development and learning opportunities tailored around your individual aspirations and goals.
- Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action - the support there if life ever takes a turn.
- Enhanced pension scheme to help you save into your piggy bank for the future!
- Option to save directly from payroll into an ISA to enhance financial wellbeing
- 25% discount on your personal 02 phone contract.
- Generous Refer a Friend Scheme - up to £1000 to share with your friend!