We’re building thriving communities as one of the UK’s largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that’s truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.The role
Working in the Finance Property Charges team within Orbit, you’ll be working as part of a unit that take the lead in the management of the service charge accounts for an allocated portfolio of properties of varying tenures.
You’ll play a vital in ensuring the delivery of fully compliant, highly efficient service charge functions to our customers. You’ll have a natural approach to customer service and have a dedicated location in which you’ll service, getting to know your customers and the location whilst building trusted relationships.
This role will be suited to an individual that’s looking to further their finance career, whilst bringing with them prior commercial knowledge and experience of accounting ans general financial role responsibilities and processes. Orbit firmly adopts an agile working policy, with this role in particular needing somebody to come into our Coventry office a minimum of once a month.What you'll achieve
What you'll bringEssential skills
- To deliver a highly efficient service charge function, always ensuring accuracy and minimising any losses due to non-recoverable charges. Also, to ensure service charges are fully compliant with statute and best practice as well as current internal policy and procedure.
- Provide accurate information for internal and external auditors and ensuring all information is provided in accordance with agreed timetables and formats.
- To lead on producing service charge budgets and year end accounts in conjunction with the relevant service delivery teams.
- Maintain accurate information within the service charge system reviewing service charge expenditure month on month to ensure accuracy.
- Work in collaboration with the Finance Team to ensure sharing of accurate and up to date data regarding service charges. Also preparing all specialist correspondence with regard to service charges, such as Sec 20b notices and ensure they are issued in accordance with the statutory timescales.
- AAT Qualified or equivalent experience in a similar role in accounting, or desirably, service charges.
- Good level of experience of budget management, reconciliation, financial control and delivering cost efficiency.
- Confident in dealing with customers by telephone, written communications or in person coupled with the drive to deliver great customer service.
- IT skills including use of word and excel and experience of data entry and using databases.
- Working knowledge of Landlord & Tenant law in particular the key issues regarding Service Charges.
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here’s what you can expect to enjoy with us.A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you’re a student, graduate or experienced professional we’ll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.A purpose to feel proud of
We’re proud to make a difference to people together. We’re values-driven with a commercial focus on performance - because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people.
Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair: Online applicationInterview(s)Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.