: London / HybridTerm
: Permanent / Full-timeReports to
: Head of Product
B4B Payments is part of the Banking Circle ecosystem, a Payments Bank for financial institutions. We operate as an independent affiliate of Banking Circle and whilst we are separate companies, together we deliver an unrivalled scope of financial services and payments solutions for businesses.
As an award-winning payment innovator, with reach throughout Europe and the USA, we provide card, payment and accounts services to corporate clients around the globe. We’re proud to be a leader in Fintech and the payments industry for over 16 years!
Our next phase of rapid growth and expansion, coupled with our passion for payment innovation, means you will join us at a very exciting time.
We are proud to be a truly global and diverse team, our colleagues speak 20 languages. Our Headquartered in London, we have offices in Newcastle, Vilnius and Boston.
So whether you're a multinational corporation or a local start-up, B4B Payments has the experience, technology, and passion to help you achieve your financial goals. With us by your side, you can rest assured that your payments are secure, your processes are streamlined, and your business is in safe hands. So why wait? Join the B4B Payments family today and experience the future of payments for yourself!About the role
As the Product Owner for our Payments product, you will be responsible for creating the best-in-class payment functionality and platform to deliver the best outcomes for our customers.
Leveraging your deep understanding of the business and engineering capabilities, you will take ownership of the product roadmap for our cross-border payments solution.
You will take ownership of the features, product requirements, and the definition, management and prioritisation of the backlog. This is a critical role, with exposure to senior management and real responsibility.
You must have experience of developing and specifying B2B solutions and be accustomed to successfully managing projects of varying size and complexity through to completion. You will be interacting with various internal stakeholders and third-party vendors to implement critical projects across the organisation.
We are looking for someone who is a pro-active, independent self-starter, ready to jump in and get things done and work alongside innovative teams.Responsibilities
- Building a strong understanding of how our customers send and receive payments across the world, with a global viewpoint on how to scale our payments platform across international markets and different use cases
- End to end ownership over the delivery of new payments features and improvements to existing features
- Taking responsibility and ownership for change initiatives; driving projects forward with focus on strategic goals
- Translates product features and business needs into well-defined product requirements including epics, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Providing clear communication outlining the impacts of changes in users of the systems you are responsible for
- Prioritises and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to describe and deliver features
- Managing planning sessions, backlog and release with engineering teams and relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring timely execution of technical features in order to accommodate external deadlines
What we offer:
- 3-4 years experience as a Product Owner
- 2 years Payments (cross-border, account-to-account, FX) experience is a must
- Experience working and building with API-first solutions
- Experience working in an Agile/scrum environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Excellent communication skills - can easily understand and explain complex things
- Experience building internal and external software products (B2B2B/B2B2C)
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to manage your own time effectively
- Ability to collaborate well with colleagues to truly understand business & user goals and come up with informed solutions
- Speak and write English fluently
Make a difference:
- 25 Days Holiday
- Vitality Health Care Plan
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- An individually tailored personal development plan and ongoing training
- Employee assistance programme
- Regular social and relaxed working environment
We’re always on the lookout for talented individuals to help take us further - It’s important to us to hire the right people and work out a role that works.
- Equality: We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Teamwork: The strength of our team does not only lie in our combined experience and expertise but our ability to trust each other, no matter what. We understand that our best work is not produced by individuals but by enjoying collaboration as a team and supporting each other every day.
- Quality: We provide award-winning solutions and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our customers.
- Innovation: Redefining the standard of excellence is in everything we do. Therefore, we are open to ideas that challenge conventional views and drive innovation. The only constant in life is change and we believe that in order to stay relevant we must continuously improve and evolve with the changing needs of society.
- Trust: We strive to act in a manner that builds trust with our team, clients, business partners, and other stakeholders. We firmly believe that actions speak louder than words and transparency is key.