Trinity House Group is partnering on a retained basis to recruit a high-potential and strategic Finance Director to join a large, well-known FMCG/manufacturing organisation at their HQ in North Birmingham. This is a fantastic opportunity for an innovative, career-minded finance leader who can develop a high-performing finance team and provide outstanding commercial and operation finance support to the business.
This will be a highly rewarding role that will allow you to put your stamp on things. You will need to be a strong communicator, enjoy working collaboratively, and have a proactive working style. As the Finance Director, you will seek out and drive the necessary improvements across the finance team to help deliver better business support to drive and deliver on business strategy.
The successful Finance Director will work for a well-respected business with a long history in the local area. You'll be working alongside an impressive board with an appetite for growth and an impressive pedigree of building high-performance businesses.
The culture is fast-paced and hard-working and you will be happy to roll your sleeves up and support the wider team when required. Working smartly and to tight deadlines is critical; you will be comfortable and open to change. You will also lead a large team (15 heads) so significant leadership capability is crucial to success in this role.
• To provide strong leadership and direction to the finance team. To ensure clarity of roles, key deliverables, and personal objectives
• Managing and development of the finance function, driving a culture of continuous improvement
• To be a key business partner to the senior leadership team and lead in the preparation of the monthly financial and management accounting function
• Lead on the preparation of the 5-year strategic plan, providing commercial and strategic support to the business and operating as number 2 to the CEO.
• To lead on the statutory audit process, linking in with both internal and external audit partners
• Presenting financial results to Group and the board
• Monitoring and development of the financial and operational control environment
• Delivering working capital, cash flow and balance sheet forecasting and reporting
• Support non-financial individuals providing insight and financial information to drive improvement in operation and financial performance
• To take the lead in liaising with the companies’ external auditors and other advisers and to ensure financial statements are signed-off within the required reporting deadlines
As the successful Finance Director you will be/have:
• A Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) Accountant with significant post-qualification experience
• Have experience working in a medium or large corporate business and have experience in an FMCG, food, manufacturing environment.
• Experienced in managing accounts, cash flows, financial accounting, and leading teams.
• Be able to demonstrate extensive process improvements in career to date
• An innovative, entrepreneurial flair
• Capable and driven to step strategic review and work closely with the operational board and wider leadership team
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Finance Director: