Are you a highly skilled Finance Manager looking to build on your experience in an acquisitive Retail Group?
Refined Brands are digital pioneers of the ethical fashion movement, with a clear focus on sustainability, British heritage, and high-quality manufacturing. They've acquired four brands since inception; the first investment was Celtic & Co. in February 2021, with Turtle Doves joining the group in September 2022, then Kettlewell Colours and Frugi in November 2022.
Reporting to the Group CFO, we're now looking for a great Finance Manager to oversee Frugi and be responsible for the flow of financial information to the Group and external parties, such as auditors, banks, and insurers.Management Financial Reporting
Statutory Accounts and Audit
- Overall control and monitoring of the brand’s accounting function and financial transactions, making modifications to continually improve processes.
- Production of monthly management information pack with clear insight and analysis into the activity of the business.
- Perform monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations accurately and completely, for example, fixed asset register, prepayment schedules, VAT records and returns, stock counts and reconciliations, sales reconciliations.
- Support Group CFO and Brand MDs working on one-off and ad-hoc financial reporting requirements.
- Provide business and management information as required to help the brand Managing Director and Management teams make timely and appropriate commercial decisions.
- Maintain effective working relationships with brand MDs and brand teams.
Financial Processes and Procedures
- Liaise with the auditors in the preparation of the annual statutory accounts.
- Act as the main point of contact for the auditors and communicate with them to ensure all audit requests and queries can be cleared in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support the Group CFO and Management Team to implement recommendations (as agreed) that are suggested in the audit report or management letter.
Payments and Cash Management
- Ensure accounting policies comply with the relevant accounting standards and legislative requirements, through the development and maintenance of thorough financial procedures.
- Ensure all finance records are kept accurately, securely and in line with legislative requirements.
- Recommend improvements to financial systems, processes and controls.
- Promptly escalate financial risks to the Group CFO.
Team Management and Development
- Ensure efficient management of supplier payments and credit control/payment reconciliation.
- Oversee payroll, pension and tax contribution payments, in conjunction with company’s HR department, pension providers and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Manage the administration of the bank accounts, currency requirements and payments.
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to Finance team members, ensuring effective communication channels are supported that promotes two-way appraisal and feedback on processes and performance between finance members and company departments.
- Work with finance team members to agree individual and team objectives in line with finance team and company goals, ensuring that each team member has a clear understanding of business targets and of their role within the team.
- Monitor performance and regularly appraise and provide feedback to team members either in group or individual discussions as it is necessary to strategically ensure the achievement of company and individual objectives.
Diversity and Inclusion...
- An introductory call with the team at Agora; we'd love to learn more about you, your ambitions, and your experience.
- A two-stage interview process with Refined Brands Group
- First stage will be a video-call via Teams, then a face-to-face session in their offices just outside Newquay so you can experience the working environment and culture
Agora Talent are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.NB
Agora Talent are a retained recruitment partner to Refined Brands - any applications sent directly to Refined Brands will be forwarded to Agora Talent.