Role: Group Finance Assistant - Accounts Payable Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
Offices based in Perth (Inveralmond) and Edinburgh (City Centre) with scope for hybrid once established in the role.
Circa £28,000 dependent on experience About Us
Vintage Saga Group began with its auction division, featuring Whisky Auctioneer, Rum Auctioneer, and Wine Auctioneer. This foundational arm of our business specialises in the auction of whisky, rum, and wine, spanning a range from the fine and rare to the collectable and affordable. Formed in 2013 and based in Perth, central Scotland, our websites aim to be the most comprehensive websites available for the buying and selling of whisky, rum and wine.
Further expansion took place in October 2022 with the acquisition of Dormant Distillery Company. Based primarily in Edinburgh with a warehouse in Pentland and a City Centre head office, Dormant Distillery Company encompasses the Drinkmonger and Royal Mile Whiskies brands in four retail outlets as well as a rapidly expanding direct to trade market as well as an ecommerce platform.
Our recent strategic expansion into the European market through the establishment of a new Dutch Group legal entity underscores our ambition to be a global market leader. With over 150 dedicated employees and an annual group turnover exceeding £20 million, we're not just growing; we're thriving.
As part of Vintage Saga Group, you'll join a team passionate about making the spirits market more accessible and connecting exceptional bottles with our customers worldwide. If you're looking to contribute to a dynamic, expanding company that values innovation, excellence, and the rich history of spirits, we want to hear from you.The Role
A key member of the Group Finance team, the Group Finance Assistant is responsible for supporting the Team by undertaking the Accounts Payable Accounts Receivable Process encompassing some elements of Credit Control across the UK entities of the Group and providing cover to the EU entities. The Group Finance Assistant is also responsible for some ad hoc finance tasks and providing support to the Group Finance Manager as required.
This position has evolved as a result of rapid expansion of the Group and the ideal candidate will have a system focussed approach and be motivated to continuously develop and improve systems to ensure that the accounts payable function operates effectively and efficiently whilst maintaining compliance internal controls and good practice.Key
- Managing the Group wide accounts payable function Supplier invoices are appropriately authorised, accurately recorded in the company accounts and are paid in a timely manner.
- Accounts receivable and reconciliation in the retail division - matching shop income to daily banking and card transactions.
- Coordinating credit control relating to trade sales in the retail division by ensuring that bank receipts are kept up to date, monthly statements are sent to customers and timely and accurate credit control information can be supplied to the Trade Sales department highlighting any potential bad debts and customers exceeding credit limits.
- Recording and reconciling staff expenses and company card expenditure for both the retail and auction divisions.
- Reconciliation of the main operating bank accounts.
- Actively participating in the annual statutory audit process.
- Getting involved in ad hoc finance improvement projects.
Additional Info, Salary and Benefits
- A strong track record in finance experience, ideally experience in a retail setting.
- IT Proficient (MS Outlook, Word, Excel). Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel and proficiency in accounting software programs with the ability to leverage maximum efficiency from IT.
- Demonstrable accounting skills and able to show an awareness for the wider accounting landscape such as accruals, prepayments and asset capitalisation as well as an understanding of internal controls.
- Self-motivated with the ability to time manage and meet deadlines in a fast-paced multi company environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence and ability to communicate with the wider business.
- Ideally suit a candidate looking to progress their career in a growing ecommerce business.
This is a permanent, full-time post and we are offering a starting salary of £28,000. A Group Bonus Scheme exists based on trading performance. Our office hours are 08:45 to 17:15, Monday to Friday. Flexible working is available upon request.
At Whisky Auctioneer Group, we're committed to your professional and personal growth. Enjoy top-tier vocational training opportunities, industry related training such as WSET, and exclusive access to industry events and festivals. We support our team with an enhanced maternity/paternity package, childcare support for children under 3, and increasing annual leave after 3 years. For your peace of mind, we also offer a workplace pension, comprehensive health insurance, and life insurance. Join us for a rewarding career journey where we value your development and well-being.
We believe in the power of diversity to drive innovation and excellence. Research has indicated that individuals from underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women and LGBTQ+ individuals, might hesitate to apply for positions unless they meet every listed qualification. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace environment. Therefore, if you're passionate about this role but your experiences don’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. Your unique perspective could be precisely what we need for this role or others within our organisation. How to Apply
Closing Date: Tuesday 20th February at 5PM
What to include:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward both of the following:
- Covering letter outlining your relevant experience
- Current and up-to-date CV
Please ensure that you include both required elements of your application or you may not be considered for the role.
Please also be aware that due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applicants.