Salary estimate £65-75K plus bonus and benefits
A fast growth, Private Equity owned, global luxury goods and manufacturing business, is looking for a Qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA) to become the new Group Finance Manager. This is a newly created position and reports to the Group Financial Controller; working closely with the CFO and Investors. Hybrid working with offices in the city of London.
This is a highly important position and will play a significant role in the next phase of growth and development, and continuing the story of the success the brands.
You will be part of a small team (CFO, Group Financial Controller, Director of FP&A and Head of Tax) and working with a large range of stakeholders including divisional finance teams, shareholders and external advisors.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts and annual statutory consolidated financial statements for the Group
- Preparation of monthly management information and presentations for the board
- Work with Group Financial Controller to deliver a smooth audit and year end process
- Oversee preparation of quarterly bank covenant reporting
- Responsibility for administration and accounting for holding companies including UK statutory financial statements and audit processes for these entities.
- Work with divisional finance teams to develop group reporting processes such as intercompany confirmations and implement new accounting standards
- Research and write technical accounting papers on new accounting standards and significant changes in the Group such as acquisitions, disposals and restructuring activities.
- Managing the Group’s ASC842 lease accounting software and control processes
- Manage collation of the Group’s cash flow forecast reporting
- Work with Group Financial Controller and FP&A/Projects Director to implement a new consolidation tool for monthly financial reporting and ESG reporting
- Expand the amount of standardised work to be pushed down to the Group’s shared service Centre
- Work with Group Financial Controller and FP&A/Projects Director to further integrate the business and potential acquisitions into the Group’s reporting.
- Support monthly analysis on areas such as OPEX and working capital and develop insights to hold divisions to accountable on their planned initiatives
- Development of new areas of analysis such as ESG and functional area reporting
- Support annual budgeting and bi-annual forecasting preparation process
Qualifications and experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA,) with relevant post qualification experience.
- Passionate about financial reporting and delivering robust numbers
- The desire to join an expanding business and winning team.
- Highly Analytical with the ability to understand complex financial information
- A good understanding of analytical tools and turning data into insight.
- “Can do” attitude and an endless appetite to learn.
- Team player with a dedication to excellence.
- Enjoys the energy of talking to a diverse group of individuals across a global business.