Job DescriptionDo you want to be part of further building an Energy Business venture?
At Vattenfall, we are energised for one essential goal: to enable fossil free living within one generation.
Vattenfall Heat UK provides low carbon heating and cooling solutions and drives the transformation to fossil-free solutions in partnership with cities, developers and property owners in the UK. Through our way of working, we ensure that developers, local authorities, customers and the local communities all benefit from a successful, cost-effective project while hitting emissions targets. The result is a truly communities and customer-centric solution: sustainable, reliable and affordable district energy designed around the people who use it.
Senior Finance Partner for Vattenfall Heat UK, part of Vattenfall’s Business Area Heat. The Business Area is present in Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands and the UK. You will be part of the Business Control / Business Finance Organisation and work with key stakeholders in the Vattenfall Heat UK organisation.
Do you have a real desire to make a difference in the world and a passion to help us push us forward on our journey to a fossil free future? Bring your enthusiasm as a Senior Finance Business Partner to our diverse Finance Team for our District Heating Business. You will be the go-to person for all Finance related matters for the Management Team of our Bristol region. You will:
- be responsible for the financial reporting, forecasting, planning and analysis for your region
- Develop and implement steering tools to provide financial transparency and improve performance, and monitoring of capital expenditures and operational costs
- Actively partner with and advice the leadership team of the Bristol region
- Provide the department heads and project leads with relevant, reliable financial information, business analysis enabling the business to achieve the business targets
- be the single point of contact for financial matters towards Vattenfall Group Finance departments and the central business control team
- work with the established operational financial systems, processes and structures as well as further develop these towards increased digitalisation and automation (e.g. PowerBI-based reporting)
To be successful we believe that you have the following experience:
- Review and discuss business cases for new investments regarding economic viability, accounting treatment as wells fit to strategic regional targets
- Produce insights into financing needs in close cooperation with Group Functions for your legal entities
- Support legal reporting and year-end audit for the respective entities
- Professional experience with financial management / business control
- Strong analytical and structuring skills with the ability to understand and assess business cases
- Experience in investment environments such as energy, utilities, transport or infrastructure
- Good IFRS and accounting expertise
- Strong business driving attitude, solution orientation and constructive challenging attitude
- International exposure, working in a corporate environment desired
- High proficiency in SAP essential
- Excellent Excel skills
- Power BI skills or general experience with data base visualisation