CMC Markets is looking for an experienced German-speaking Management Accountant to join our Finance team in Liverpool Street.
As a Management Accountant, the role holder will contribute to strong financial governance and control, as well as thorough production of timely and relevant financial and management reporting and analysis, to support the core countries in which CMC operates, including our German office.
***This role is based on site near Liverpool Street***
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Management Accountant will ensure an efficient financial month-end close process, with timely and accurate preparation and posting of manual journals (such as accruals, prepayments, transfer pricing, etc.) in line with defined Finance month end timetable;
- Be a key point of contact between the Finance team in London and German regulators
- Contribute to the integrity and accuracy of the entity balance sheets by performing monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations, as well as preparing supporting working papers;
- Provide senior management, both within Finance and throughout the Business, with financial information by producing accurate and timely monthly management accounts, including variance analysis against projections/historical data alongside insightful written commentary;
- Liaise with Office Heads in Financial Planning and Analysis review, analysis and challenge of KPI metrics each month;
- Assist in the effective commercial and operational management of the business by attending meetings with departmental senior managers on a monthly basis to discuss monthly results and highlight key risks / opportunities;
- Work directly with Heads of Department and other senior stakeholders in the preparation and on-going review of quarterly forecasts;
- Help execute an efficient and effective year-end audit process by undertaking advance audit planning, providing timely responses to external auditor queries where applicable, adhering to the deliverables timetable and maintaining a good working relationship with the external audit staff;
- Assist with the timely and accurate production of financial statements for major Group subsidiaries reporting under IFRS, as well as for any allocated branches with either IFRS or local financial reporting requirements;
- Manage the requirements of ACCA/CIMA study and work to ensure efficient and orderly progress to achieve the eventual chosen qualification
Key Skills & Experience
- Part Qualified accountant, actively studying towards a professional qualification in Finance ACA / ACCA / CIMA (full study support provided)
- Previous work experience gained in an accounting or finance role
- Keen to learn and progress
- Intermediate Excel knowledge;
- University degree, preferably in an Accounting and Finance/Business/Economics related discipline
- Financial Services experience or relevant work experience;
- Knowledge, understanding or demonstrable interest in financial markets;
- Experience working with finance systems (eg Oracle Financials, Hyperion Financial Management)
CMC Markets is powered by our people. We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, where our people feel confident to be themselves, feel valued and are able to do their best work. We dont just value differences and unique perspectives, we seek them out and we invite them in, because we know it will lead to better outcomes for everyone.