Aon's Pensions Trustee team are currently recruiting Senior Actuarial Consultants across the country (work location is flexible). Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed. What the day will look like
Your impact as a Trustee Actuarial Consultant:
How this opportunity is different
- Advising clients on strategic pensions issues, including valuations and funding negotiations, integrated risk management, risk settlement projects, PPF levy management, member options
- Leading day-to-day relationships with certain clients, with accountability for developing those relationships, for example through introducing additional services
- Supporting Partners/Principals in serving larger clients and developing those relationships
- Directing/project managing large projects, including valuations and factor reviews
- Taking overall responsibility for quality of technical work delivered to clients, including reviewing work from the calculation support team as required
- Networking within the local market
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company
- The role would also offer the flexibility to develop relationships with prospective clients and be involved in national thought leadership
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation. We're happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we're happy to discuss options with you upon applicationSkills and experience that will lead to success
How we support our colleagues
- Qualified actuary, with extensive post-qualification experience
- Track record in ideally leading day-to-day client relationships and supporting Partners/Principals with larger clients
- Relevant industry experience (retirement/pensions) and consulting experience coupled with sound technical capability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and comfortable in leading discussions with trustees and pensions managers
- Self-motivating and ambitious
- Able to encourage and develop other colleagues, and work well within diverse teams
- Whilst having an eye for detail, also capable in advising at a strategic level
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two "Global Wellbeing Days" each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.