TransferGo is a growing fintech scale-up on a mission to make the world a fairer place for migrants. We strive to provide tailored, more affordable financial services that make people's hard-earned money go further. Now in our 12th year, with over 370 employees in offices across Europe, we're crafting a brilliant, relevant product that makes a difference in people's lives and the well-being of their families.
We've come this far by building a talented, diverse workforce on a fair culture and our strong values. Having this strong team of employees, we can serve those who really need our product to make their lives better.
Operational risk management and resilience play a critical role in shaping the way we mitigate and manage risk within our organization, and, to make sure we're doing that in the best way possible, we're looking for an experienced Operational Risk & Resilience Manager with a background in the financial services area.
The Operational Risk & Resiliency team is responsible for the 2nd line of defense (2LOD) oversight of operational risk management. This team is responsible for the Operational Risk & Resiliency framework and policies, 2LOD risk metrics, standardized risk, and control libraries, review and challenge of 1st line of defense (1LOD) risk management, annual deep-dive reviews, 1LOD Path to Target review and challenge, review and challenge at committees and steering groups, as well as governance committees.
You will provide internal consultancy to deliver the Operational Resilience Programme for our business to ensure that all entities meet the regulatory requirements (DORA & UK FCA) in a consistent, efficient, and optimized way.
Here's what you'll be doing as the Operational Risk & Resilience Manager:
Risk Management & Resilience Framework:
- Developing and supporting Management to deliver a comprehensive Operational Resilience Risk framework, policy, and standards that are aligned with the regulatory requirements, and the company's business strategy
- Working with Management to define risk tolerance levels and risk appetite in collaboration with senior management and the Board
- Compile, interpret, and provide briefing notes on operational resilience risk reporting metrics monthly and quarterly to highlight and provide independent insight into the issues that are arising
- Implementing a systematic approach to identifying, assessing, and managing risks across the group companies.
- Develop and enhance existing frameworks that form part of our enterprise risk framework, such as incident management, crisis management, disaster recovery, wind-down planning, etc.
Risk Assessment and Analysis:
- Reviewing change activity across the business to assess and understand potential Operational Resilience impacts and determine requirements
- Leading activities and discussions around Operational Resilience, including regular review of existing Critical or Important Business Services (CIBS) and identification and scoping of new ones
- Performing scenario testing across all CIBS areas with support from key risk area owners
- Ongoing maintenance of the company's risk register, and overseeing the Risk and Control Self Assessment process
- Supporting the production of annual self-assessment of operational resilience work performed within the Operational Resilience area.
- Utilizing data analysis and advanced tools to capture and understand the risks and their impact across the organization
- Assisting the management in identifying and assessing risks associated with current and proposed future business activities, including new products, new business relationships, and any extension of operations
Collaboration and Communication:
- Engaging and collaborating with stakeholders across the business (IT, Operations, Legal, Compliance, etc) acting as an advocate for Operational Risk & Resilience, and driving standards, best practice, remediation, and requirement setting
- Supporting the company in any external communications, presenting to the Regulators, etc
- Coordinating and facilitating risk management across the organization, communicating relevant risks to the respective functions
- Ensuring the development, implementation, and monitoring of risk mitigation plans and controls
Reporting and Awareness:
- Maintaining robust risk reporting and communication: continuously enhancing risk registers methodology and presenting risk maps to the Board on a quarterly basis
- Communicating key risk insights and recommendations to support strategic and informed decision-making
- Promoting and nurturing a culture of risk and resilience awareness and accountability throughout the organization
- Reporting the progression of risk management action plans, testing results, and the lifecycle of incidents
Here's what we'd love from our new Director of Operational Risk & Resilience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in risk management in the financial sector
- Strong understanding and experience in digital account-to-account product offerings and related risks; specifically, compliance, fraud, settlement, operations, etc.
- Proven track record in operational resilience risk management in Financial Services
- An understanding of the financial services sector and the specific risks associated with it, as well as the regulatory requirements e.g DORA and FCA / CBI Operational Resilience Guidelines, etc
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop risk management strategies that align with organizational goals and objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex risk to different level stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance, tenacious and accountable in driving results.
What we believe
At TransferGo, we offer competitive rewards to all our people including company equity. We know that recognition is about more than just money, and we've fostered a culture of kudos to shine a light on the great work throughout the business, and the people making it all happen. We hold regular in person events to connect with each other and help all our TransferNauts to grow with a generous training allowance. We believe that empowering people makes for a happier and more effective workforce. This means we enable anyone who wants to pursue initiatives that deliver real value for our migrant customers.
What we offer:
- Be part of building a meaningful product in a growing fintech scale-up;
- We hire owners - all our employees are eligible to receive equity;
- A competitive rewards package;
- Generous holiday allowance (based on tenure);
- Competitive healthcare insurance / wellbeing package (based on your location);
- An annual training budget of €1,000 to spend on your growth;
- We truly embrace flexibility and our people work from a variety of places (office, hybrid and remote, you can find it all here);
- If you are near one of our offices, we are a pet-friendly company and we enjoy regular opportunities to connect in person (we truly value in person connection on a regular basis and celebrate in style).
At TransferGo, we are committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership or any other protected category. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive culture and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join TransferGo. We look forward to meeting you!